RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should all England/G.B. home games be played on Humberside ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

yes for me.A great turnout at HKR last week
Posted Image

#2 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

yes for me.A great turnout at HKR last week

Steve for me, i would'nt even have a world cup with the teams that are in it..............the teams that have a chance of winning would be OZ and NZ sorry but RFL are biggin it up to much as per......

#3 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

If it was played in our street, I wouldn't go watch. Rugby League or Northern Union is a better name, is a parochial sport and the sooner the authorites recognise it and stop wasting money trying to compete with Australia. Is anybody interested in internationals?

Edited by gabby, 07 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

id back us to beat the Kiwis rich, i think weve a decent side but no strength in depth which of course the aussies always have.Time to go back to a GB team for me with touring sides again like it used to be.
Posted Image

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

id back us to beat the Kiwis rich, i think weve a decent side but no strength in depth which of course the aussies always have.Time to go back to a GB team for me with touring sides again like it used to be.

Yeh it would be GB for me Steve and just do the tours,i'd also say that once you've played for GB you can never play for England again,we've enough pool of players to beat Wales,Scotland,ireland,and give France a game,just use the England team,as a feeder team.......

#6 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't get everyone's problem, who would get in the GB side out of Wales, Scotland, or Ireland? Doesn't matter what the team is called will still get pumped by the teams from Oz and NZ.

Edited by number9, 07 November 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't get everyone's problem, who would get in the GB side out of Wales, Scotland, or Ireland? Doesn't matter what the team is called will still get pumped by the teams from Oz and NZ.

A few years back Lee Briers would have been in there Daz,but the point i'm making is that England(GB) are to strong for any European team,you'd have to have a GB feeder team (England)......Not enough players for the main positions,thats the problem,against OZ,NZ........

#8 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Looked a terrible spectacle on TV, we are playing at Hull KR in a ground with two sides, and Rugby Union are playing at twickenham at the best stadium in the country apart from wembley, how are we supped to compete? Terrible marketing!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#9 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Looked a terrible spectacle on TV, we are playing at Hull KR in a ground with two sides, and Rugby Union are playing at twickenham at the best stadium in the country apart from wembley, how are we supped to compete? Terrible marketing!

AGREED!

I was there at KR last Saturday and as a spectator I thought it looked like a good turnout, but wondered what it must have looked like on TV with both areas behind the sticks either a building site or a small closed terracing area.

Like Blackpool Hawk states how can we possibly compete when we are playing in stadiums like these, no disrespect to Hull but these decisions need to be carefully thought out, with Wrexham, Hull and tomorrow Salford!

In my opinion I would have chosen grounds that can generate a good atmosphere that will come across on the TV to get viewers more interested in Rugby league but I think if anything these international games are a negative for the sport!

#10 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

think we would be a sorry 3rd place if that the next world will find us out mate.i dont rate this england side at ,any decent local club would give this england a game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users