TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Match day experience 2013 and flags...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

When I was a teeneager I was part of a gang of kids who for a while stood at the back of the old Long Stand, singing lewd songs, chanting at the Bobbies and having a go at the opposition players and fans. We went to away matches on the bus and sang and chanted all the way there and all the way back. A couple of lads became celebrities in Dewsbury when they were taken to court and fined for letting off sparklers in the ground one November (yes, sparklers, how dangerous was that?).

We reckoned then that we were the archetypal Dewsbury Supporters upholding the honour of the Red Amber and Black, but with the benefit of having grown up you realise that we were just a pain in the backside and an embarassment to the other Dewsbury supporters around us.

I draw no parallels, just sharing some memories I would rather forget that the current argument has brought to the surface.

#42 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Just tonight me and floydy have orderd a large 3 striped red amber and black flag with 18 in middle and barmy army around the 18... 18 to simble the clubs fans as the 18th man :-)

This is now our 3rd large flag for next season and me and Tom was discussing tonight to makesure we bring them to everygame at home and hang them over the fence with no terracing to make the ground look further more attractive. Wel have a nice tidy looking stadium next season with the new terracing at the owl lane end so if anybody else wants to buy a new flag or hang a flag with ours on that fence then please feel free to join ours.

Good night tonight. 2013 looks promising :D

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 15 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#43 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'm warning you - I'll bring my bagpipes then you'll all be sorry. :o

Now were talking cant beat the old William Wallace theme. :lol: :lol: :lol: