Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

talkSPORT

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Absolutely. Talkbollocks would be a more apt name for it.

:lol:

Aye. Lots of inane talk and fake controversy, plus bits of live coverage, is what Radiothickbloke is about.

#22 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm certain talksport covered live super league matches in the late 90s and stevo had a once a week slot when it was known as talk radio.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'm certain talksport covered live super league matches in the late 90s and stevo had a once a week slot when it was known as talk radio.

They did. Both were dropped temporarily....13 years ago.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Just heard on talkSPORT that they have won the rights to the British & Irish Lion RU tour to Australia next year. The rights were previously with BBC Five Live. They will provide commentary on all Three tests, the tour matches and even a warm up match against the Barbarians in Hong Kong!

Out of interest do we give the Radio rights to our International games to the BBC as part of the TV package or do they pay for them separatley? If so what chance talkSPORT providing coverage of the 2013 RLWC?

Phone talksport up and mention rugby league and you will be cut off quicker than a lightening strike. the program is a bag of sh it unless your into kick ball, patter cake, cricket or horse racing.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#25 brooza

brooza
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

I used to listen regularly until I started watching RL and realised just how dull I found all their football talk

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#26 Jerry the Berry

Jerry the Berry
  • Coach
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Two or three years ago one of their early morning presenters said something along the lines that Rugby League was way behind tiddlywinks in terms of sporting importance and relevance.

Thought Adrian Durham (I think) used to regularly big-up RL though - especially the Grand Final.

I wouldn't want RL to be exclusive to that station under any circumstances and I find it quite amusing that they really seem to be going for the RU stuff more and more these days when I'd imagine a lot of RU fans would be horrified that their sport is increasingly being covered by a radio station that predominately covers the sport that many of them detest - association football (wendyball, poofball or whatever other term they like to use).

Likewise I find much amusement in the thought of the BBC losing more of it's precious Rugby Union even though like a previous poster has stated - it won't stop them sending out teams of reporters to Australia to cover the event.

Edited by Jerry the Berry, 09 November 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#27 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

For those with an Iphone you can get digital radio through an app called Tunein Radio which has most digital stations and loads from around the world. I have an radio transmitter thingy for the car and use that and the iphone to listen to 6 music. That could be replicated for 5 live extra etc.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#28 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

For those with an Iphone you can get digital radio through an app called Tunein Radio which has most digital stations and loads from around the world. I have an radio transmitter thingy for the car and use that and the iphone to listen to 6 music. That could be replicated for 5 live extra etc.

and works out at over 40Mbps per hour download, can get pricey depending on your tariff
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#29 brooza

brooza
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

and works out at over 40Mbps per hour download, can get pricey depending on your tariff

40 Mbps is a speed. I think 40Mbps per hour is a measure of acceleration!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users