Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Dont fully understand this signing by the club really, despite Holty's recent praise of him in the NWEM. What i saw of him last season didnt inspire me, looked far too small and as such was a defensive liability. With Dandy,Finch and Mossop signed for the 9 shirt, and Pedley reportedly signing as well cant see Marwood breaking into the team, and since Campbell, Kaighan, Casey will be first choise halfbacks, along with Finch possibly slotting back into his original role, cant see him getting a game there either. Could make a ball boy out of him though..

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#3 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

He is a talent and I agree with you that he has much to learn. So where would be the best place to do that..perhaps at a professional set up training with lads who can show him the ropes. Bodies can be built up and skills sharpened in the right atmosphere. Remember he is still a young lad with many years ahead of him.

Good luck Brad and keep working hard.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Obviously going to be a good player in the future but can't see the logic as we've got so many players ahead. I think he'd serve better possibly training with Barrow once a week but playing for Barrow Island, at least then he's getting game time and professional experience.

#5 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Your possibly right but that's between brad and hotly. All we can do is wish him well.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

I think he should be looking to play scrum half rather than hooker.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I too fail to understand why. I can't ever see him being big enough and with 3 hookers already signed on. I can't see where he fits in.

#8 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Bodies can be built up and skills sharpened in the right atmosphere. Remember he is still a young lad with many years ahead of him.

But his frame is small and always will be, muscles can be built but without the right stature its pointless. Unfortunatly, defensivly he is a liability and places added pressure on the 12 players around him who have to cover defence. Rob Burrow is the smallest player in SL, but he's bigger than Marwood and can tackle.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#9 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

But his frame is small and always will be, muscles can be built but without the right stature its pointless. Unfortunatly, defensivly he is a liability and places added pressure on the 12 players around him who have to cover defence. Rob Burrow is the smallest player in SL, but he's bigger than Marwood and can tackle.

I have just two words with which to end this pretty pointless 'physique' debate ................ Chris Archer !

#10 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Excellent point,Steve.

Posted Image

#11 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Excellent point,Steve.

Not really a comparison. Height wise maybe but as for frame and size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users