Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

WHY ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

On seeing the new season tickets I was slightly surprised to see that the "bring a friend for free / £5 for the Swinton / Sheffield match" offer that was tried last year hadnt been continued. I cant really understand why. Lets face it these games (and a number of others) will be no where near capacity and any way of getting more people through the gates is surely welcome?
At last years Sheffield game beacuse of this offer I brought four people. OK 2 got in free, but the other two paid. Because we made a day of it they also went to the bar before the game and at half time. I reckon this was around £40 for the club that they wouldnt otherwise have had.
Why have we abandoned what was a patently good idea? To be honest I am staggered at this decision.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

I've got to say i was a little surprised too,thought the Sheffield attendance was very encouraging with what we would had got in previous years.Maybe the club has a good reason for no offer this year.But at the end of the day,our season tickets looks to be the best value in the championship with or without any offers.

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Maybe the club had a strongly worded email off an outraged Featherstone fan...
Posted Image

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

? Can you explain please?

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Never mind, I suppose you had to be there.
Posted Image

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

:lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Obviously, the club didn't think it worked.

They have a lot more information than us.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

surely not griff.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Obviously, the club didn't think it worked.

How can it not work? The people I brought all spent money. They wouldnt have come without the offer so the £40 spent must have been extra income. Any scheme that brings in people that wouldnt otherwise attend must "work". Surely? The only reason it might not that I can get my head around was if we were at capacity and we were turning people who would have paid anyway. Since we have an home gate of 774 and Sheffiled bring no more than 100 I estimate we still have a few more people we could squeeze in.....

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

How can it not work? The people I brought all spent money. They wouldnt have come without the offer so the £40 spent must have been extra income. Any scheme that brings in people that wouldnt otherwise attend must "work". Surely? The only reason it might not that I can get my head around was if we were at capacity and we were turning people who would have paid anyway. Since we have an home gate of 774 and Sheffiled bring no more than 100 I estimate we still have a few more people we could squeeze in.....

Maybe other people got in for less than they would normally have paid.

Your three people is a fairly small sample.

I think you underestimate the Sheffield support. It's not mandatory to wear the club's regalia nor to jump up and down when we score.

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

The sheffield gate was over 1100 in a meaningless game for us as we couldnt finish anylower or higher, nor make the playoffs. I also find it strange as it did work and cant find a reason why not to continue with it for games against teams who dongt bring big support??, maybe the club can enlighten us?? Everyone i knew tried to bring a friend. If we played sheffield without that offer id say wed of got nomore than 800 and as what was said, it probably helped create every more income if anything aswel as giving the lads a bigger crowd to play in front of.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 09 November 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#12 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Which game was it when the club sent letters out complaining that normal paying supporters had used the free vouchers (perhaps a knock on from that)
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Which game was it when the club sent letters out complaining that normal paying supporters had used the free vouchers (perhaps a knock on from that)

Think that was for the Leigh game,which wasn't for free vouchers in our season tickets,which makes it a bit more confusing!

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

It was the Swinton game, wasn't it ? :huh:

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

The sheffield gate was over 1100 in a meaningless game for us as we couldnt finish anylower or higher, nor make the playoffs. I also find it strange as it did work and cant find a reason why not to continue with it for games against teams who dongt bring big support??, maybe the club can enlighten us?? Everyone i knew tried to bring a friend. If we played sheffield without that offer id say wed of got nomore than 800 and as what was said, it probably helped create every more income if anything aswel as giving the lads a bigger crowd to play in front of.

The gate was swelled by a huge Sheffield following. B)

#16 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

It was the Swinton game, wasn't it ? :huh:

It might had been,i know some of the addresses where from the Leigh area,