Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

... if you haven't already!!

#2 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Very interesting and positive deal.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Lovely stuff that, congratulations guys!
Posted Image

#4 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Certainly good in parts.
I'll reserve judgement for now on whether having Huddersfield "fringe" players is overall a good thing.
Pros & cons, but I am sure JK will use the system wisely.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Certainly good in parts.
I'll reserve judgement for now on whether having Huddersfield "fringe" players is overall a good thing.

Other than saving money on medical bills, i cant see any other benefit.

How are we meant to have a settled side with various fringe players and 'stars' being included every week? Depending on the quality of the player, would be hard to leave them out, but will
do little to help morale and keep a consistent team on the field.

Id have liked to think we are well managed enough to stand alone as a club and continue to do things the right way, which has clearly been working in recent years, but cant help feeling weve sold out to the RFL's feeder
club ideal for the sake of saving a few quid.

Obviously it makes sense in the current climate, but id certainly rather we continue to make our own way as a club.

Maybe i was expecting more from the announcement after it was billed as blowing the rest out of the water.

Time will tell i guess.

Edited by buford t justice, 07 November 2012 - 10:44 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Certainly good in parts.

Reading web site ,JK will not pick giant players , unless they train with us and prove there worth a shirt ahead of our players , but there available if we need them , cant see anyone telling John who to pick in his side tho

#7 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Having had a look at this, If I was a Championship player, here's another reason to come and play for Batley.

Reading between the lines, you'll have the medical backup as well as salary cover if you suffer any injury which will stop you working your usual job.

Why the negative vibes ? This obviously does not impact on our independence in any way. What part of 'every football decision at Batley remains 100% with John Kear' is unclear ?

#8 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

JK has signed a squad of players at Batley who he believes is good enough to mount a challenge in the Championship. The link up with the Giants means that there are players available who, if we happen to have a number of injuries or players lose form, can be called upon to come into the team. Also, if any of these Giants players show themselves to be far better than the Batley player who is currently holding the shirt, then JK will have the option to select him if he wishes. I think JK has been in the game for long enough to know what the effect of bringing in "outside" players just because they are registered with a SL club on an arbitrary basis would have on the morale of the existing squad.

The major point with this link up is the mega step forward in medical provision for the Batley players. No longer will they have to be reliant upon the whim of the NHS for treatment to injuries, which in some cases prevents them from carrying out their day job and earning a living.

#9 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think this is a very positive link up and as explained on the website has major benefits for Batley. Apart from the players the insurance cover is a major step forward- ask any Hunslet fan about last season and the fact that they were missing Grimshaw and Ratcliffe for most of the season because the NHS wouldn't prioritise required operations. In the end the Hunslet fans were offering to put their hands in their own pockets to finance the operations but Grimshaw in the end missed the whole of last season. With the Huddersfield funded insurance this should not be a problem for the Dogs should any injuries happen. Apart from that I look forward to seeing Stuart Fielden pulling on a Dogs shirt next season!!

#10 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

This news doesn't excite me massively. What I want from our club is more ambition in the future. We should be ambitious enough to be laying foundations now so that us ourselves becoming a SL club isn't out of the question. Featherstone have and still are doing it. Getting new support for a club who's aim is "to do well" is never going to work. Whereas pushing for promotion and silverware is a much more appealing prospect.

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

This news doesn't excite me massively. What I want from our club is more ambition in the future. We should be ambitious enough to be laying foundations now so that us ourselves becoming a SL club isn't out of the question. Featherstone
have and still are doing it. Getting new support for a club who's aim is "to do well" is never going to work. Whereas pushing for promotion and silverware is a much more appealing prospect.

Have to agree, as i said above, this deal will save us money, but we should in my opinion stand alone as a club and make our own way in order to progress.

Look at the situation Rochdale with the st helens academy coach taking over and half the team arriving too following their link - may as well be rebranded as St Helens A next season. I
appreciate JK has set down some rules, but what happens if, god forbid, he leaves?

Not being negative here, just doesnt sit easily this whole link up malarky.

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Look at the situation Rochdale with the st helens academy coach taking over and half the team arriving too following their link - may as well be rebranded as St Helens A next season.

Former St Helens academy coach.

Up to Five players.
Posted Image

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

When this was originally mooted JK claimed that it would be an arrangement like no other, something that would amaze the RL community, or words to that effect.

Admit it, it's just like all the others isn't it, if you can ignore the bells and whistles?

I'm not criticising Batley for making these very sensible arrangements, particularly in the light of what is happening in the rest of the league, but there does seem to be a reoccurring theme of "we do things differently here" which is actually difficult to justify.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Let's see how this pans out. It sound positive the way JK is stamping his authority and being nobodies b1tch!
SIGNATURE

#15 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

When this was originally mooted JK claimed that it would be an arrangement like no other, something that would amaze the RL community, or words to that effect.

Admit it, it's just like all the others isn't it, if you can ignore the bells and whistles?

I'm not criticising Batley for making these very sensible arrangements, particularly in the light of what is happening in the rest of the league, but there does seem to be a reoccurring theme of "we do things differently here" which is actually difficult to justify.

We have got a bit more out of it than being a warm up side.
SIGNATURE

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

We have got a bit more out of it than being a warm up side.

You are. Just as Dewsbury, Hunslet, Swinton, Whitehaven, Rochdale and York are too.
Posted Image

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm still unimpressed by the whole dual registration deal. <_<
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

The club are up to the limit on players remuneration as I said earlier. No money for more players. Last year we had loan players and you didnt mention your concerns. Whats changed?

To lay out the money for insurance, medical bills etc, Huddersfield must be getting more in return than just a run out for their fringe players Doc?

Or anm i missing something?

#19 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

You are. Just as Dewsbury, Hunslet, Swinton, Whitehaven, Rochdale and York are too.

Let's wait and see how many Giants players appear regularly in a Batley shirt, other than has been already stated, filling gaps for injuries etc. before we start making such statements.

#20 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

To lay out the money for insurance, medical bills etc, Huddersfield must be getting more in return than just a run out for their fringe players Doc?

Or anm i missing something?

No, Buford, you are not missing anything. Certain players from the Giants will be available for JK to use, if he wants to. That is the important part, If he wants to. The decision is his and his alone. At the moment he has said that he is 100% happy with the squad that he has signed. We shall just have to wait and see what actually happens but until then I do not think it is showing much respect to JK to say we will become Giants reserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users