League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Adam Pearson tells it as it is, some remarkable stuff!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

From a Hull FC forum held at the KC last night...

Hull FC pay the KC Stadium Management Company £500k a year in rent for use of the KC.
Bradford Bulls pay the RFL £90K a year in rent for the use of Odsal.

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely.
(One for you Lobby)

Hull FC were never in for Danny Brough of Huddersfield, but an unnamed RU team offered the Giants £500k :blink: for him during last season.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

I wonder if some other folk involved in SL would rather he didn't.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,743 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

I'm liking how open he is (gives us all something to talk about!). But it may be his downfall if he's not careful.
Posted Image

#3 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

I'm liking how open he is (gives us all something to talk about!). But it may be his downfall if he's not careful.

Agree exactly with what you said. Love reading what he's saying as he seems very honest, but one quote too far could land him in hot water!

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

So... Hull FC are paying too much for rent?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Saw on twitter last night Jamie Foster mentioning he was signing for a Yorkshire club today.. obvious link would be Hull FC.. any mention of that at the forum?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#6 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

So... Hull FC are paying too much for rent?

No - Bradford are paying too little :P
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#7 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I know there's a big difference between the two stadia but 90k does sound like a small amount of money to rent Odsal. 13 SL games, throw in friendlies and cup / play-off matches, and you're looking at about 6 grand per game. That doesn't sound like a commercial rent to me.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#8 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

And they still went bust!

#9 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

How does he know how much a RU team offered Hudds?

#10 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Please don't bring P&R back, we don't need Yoyo teams packed full of ###### Aussies in SL, we need consistency!

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,453 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Couple of things.

The 500k and 90k may be for completely different things. Does the 500k include all staff, what about a percentage of the matchday takings? We have no idea whether we are comparing like for like.

He really shouldn't be talking about other club's players and business IMHO.

As has been said, interesting to listen to, but not professional and could come back to bite him on the backside!

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

How does he know how much a RU team offered Hudds?

Huddersfield contacted Hull to see if they were interested apparently. Seems clubs believe message board rumours as well.

Agree wirh what's been said, Pearson is perhaps too forthcoming wirh info.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#13 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

The promotion and relegation issue just isn't going away, is it?

#14 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely. (One for you Lobby)

So, we're going to have another round of franchising (??? licensing, surely) - albeit only 12 clubs get a licence - but promotion and relegation are re-introduced. How is that going to work? You get a licence for three years surely you can't be relegated. Or does every club that meets the criteria get a licence, and if one of those happens to win the Championship they go up to the Super League?
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

£500k a year......christ!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#16 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Couple of things.

The 500k and 90k may be for completely different things. Does the 500k include all staff, what about a percentage of the matchday takings? We have no idea whether we are comparing like for like.

He really shouldn't be talking about other club's players and business IMHO.

As has been said, interesting to listen to, but not professional and could come back to bite him on the backside!

I certainly don't know any of the details but you may be correct about there being differences in the provisions under the two contracts.

From bull's perspective though and to be fair to Hull FC, if you do business deals with a governing body made up from officials of other clubs, then I guess you must expect that element of your business to be common knowledge. It might have been better left unsaid of course..
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#17 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Please don't bring P&R back, we don't need Yoyo teams packed full of ###### Aussies in SL, we need consistency!

Love the irony mate!

#18 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

You'd think that other clubs may become more guarded with Hull now though, given that AP is so open about his (or other peoples) goings on. Would definitely make me more wary about discussing anything with them If I owned a club.

#19 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,006 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

So, we're going to have another round of franchising (??? licensing, surely) - albeit only 12 clubs get a licence - but promotion and relegation are re-introduced. How is that going to work?

They never say, and nobody asks them.........

But it sounds like it'd be interesting....

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hull FC pay the KC Stadium Management Company £500k a year in rent for use of the KC.

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely.
(One for you Lobby)

Hull FC were never in for Danny Brough of Huddersfield, but an unnamed RU team offered the Giants £500k :blink: for him during last season.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

(One for you Lobby)

Apparently he was one of the few at Leeds united from the Ridsdale era that came out of it with his good name
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users