Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Noble to help England

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Iv got no facts or rumours its just something i'd like to see as under his regime is the closest we have come to a series win. Something like 5 points over the 3 games against the aussies. Where not even close to being competitive if you look at results now so for me we need him. Mcnamara seems to be a great manager but his coaching doesnt match up.
waddell

#2 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

To be fair, the last couple of England games have been pretty impressive, even taking account the teams they were playing.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,842 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

To be fair, the last couple of England games have been pretty impressive, even taking account the teams they were playing.

In defence, at least, England teams of the recent past have looked a lot worse against the same or lower standard of opposition. Ball retention wasn't great going forward (for either team), but England were working well as a unit when the French were attacking.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,663 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think McNamara is doing fine and does not really need any "help" from Noble.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Publicly, at least, both Noble and Tony Smith are always very positive about McNamara and the work he does with the England team.

I've enjoyed watching England under his reign.

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,589 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Iv got no facts or rumours its just something i'd like to see as under his regime is the closest we have come to a series win. Something like 5 points over the 3 games against the aussies. Where not even close to being competitive if you look at results now so for me we need him. Mcnamara seems to be a great manager but his coaching doesnt match up.

In 3 years, Brian Noble's Lions beat Aus twice, lost to them narrowly once and got battered the rest. Our only home defeat to the Kiwis in 10 years was under his reign also.

The 3 close defeats you talk about was in the 2003 Ashes series, under David Waite.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users