LEEDS GIVE TRIAL TO YOUNG AUSSIE CENTRE

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

leeds have taken joe vickery on a 3 month trial to see if they want to sign him up .
he is 23 year old and was on the books of the gold coast titans but did not break into there first team but spent last season playing for tweed heads in the queensland cup in which he scored 17 tries.
hull tried to sign him last season but he declined to sign for them but is willing to try out for leeds and will play in all there preseason games and then a decision on him will be made .
he would not count on the overseas quota as he was born in exeter.

looks like another hetherington deal that will get a player in at no big cost to the club and who knows he may turn out to be a good signing
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#2 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I have seen him play many times but he is not a centre, he is an out and out winger with a good try scoring record.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#3 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have seen him play many times but he is not a centre, he is an out and out winger with a good try scoring record.

seems he is quoted as been a centre or winger . then again zak hardacre was supposed to be a centre so who knows .
i saw a few clips of him playing for tweeds and he looks a fair player but it has to be seen if he can step up a bit

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

hull tried to sign him last season but he declined to sign for them but is willing to try out for leeds

Never heard of him and I hear most of the rumours about who Hull FC are trying to sign.

You got any links?

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#5 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Never heard of him and I hear most of the rumours about who Hull FC are trying to sign.

You got any links?

its on the rhinos website . he says hull offered him a deal last season but things didnt work out in the end .
not one i had heard before to be honest but cant see why he would lie about it

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

yet another second rate aussie coming over here...............................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

hull tried to sign him last season but he declined to sign for them

hull offered him a deal last season but things didnt work out in the end .

The second quote is what actually was printed. The first quote is your take on it.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

And not in a Widnes shirt,makes a change ;)
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Coming back here. He was born in this country.
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

seems he is quoted as been a centre or winger . then again zak hardacre was supposed to be a centre so who knows .

He played amateur rugby at stand off or full back. Then played on the wing or at full back at Featherstone.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

He played amateur rugby at stand off or full back. Then played on the wing or at full back at Featherstone.

Aye, we got him as a winger, not sure how he ended up at centre (I think BJB was supposed to be a fullback as well, wasn't he?)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

And not in a Widnes shirt,makes a change ;)

i know twig kevin brown joe mellor and stefan marsh all played in the queensland cup competition last year......................................oh wait vickery did those three played in the ESL..........................

did you hear the rumours twig that leeds are after frank winterstien?
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hate those Aussies who are born in exeter...

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

i know twig kevin brown joe mellor and stefan marsh all played in the queensland cup competition last year......................................oh wait vickery did those three played in the ESL..........................

did you hear the rumours twig that leeds are after frank winterstien?

Yes,a totally unfounded rumour.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users