Warning: Potential Bradford Good News Story

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

thank the lord for eddie stobart................................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#202 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Sorry, no. Lorries have accidents, emit CO2 and kill wildlife. Repainting curtain-sides releases harmful vapours. Lorries transport things that are unethical and or dangerous. this has no part in our game.

#203 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

John - you may mock, but a discussion on morals around sponsorship is a serious issue for many.

It's not a massive issue for me personally, as long as the business is legal I don't think we can be overly picky.

That said, I work for a Bank! :ph34r:

#204 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Not mocking. It is a serious issue for me too. I merely point out the absurdity of the position taken on this issue by some on here. It is one thing to have a person dislike of a particular organisation but it is another thing entirely to try to rationalise that dislike from some sort of supposed ethically superior standpoint.

There's nowt wrong with banks, by the way, only some things wrong with some bits.

Edited by JohnM, 16 November 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#205 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Not mocking. It is a serious issue for me too. I merely point out the absurdity of the position taken by some on here.

Yep - unfortunately as with all discussions here they are often taken over by club loyalties.

#206 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,332 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Rightly or wrongly, short term loan companies are now a big part of life but are nothing new really. How old are pawn shops? For a lot of people its the same thing....borrow now, pay later when paid.

Its a rip off simple as, but we aren't talking genicidal third world dictators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users