Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Catalans 'on the road'...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

A little rumour via Twitter has started that suggests Catalans will be taking a home game to Toulouse in June and Hull KR have been chosen as the side to face them. If this is true, the game will be played at the 19,000 Ernest Wallon Stadium.

I think the fixtures will be out in the next 2 weeks so if this is indeed correct, I am really looking forward to taking in an area of France I have only once passed through.

Posted Image

#2 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

That would be very satisfactory. I always enjoy the trip over there. Toulouse would make a pleasant change.

#3 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I don't know the exact date but last night a discussion took place and the Catalans President said he wants Hull KR to be the side who takes part. That is very pleasing. That is all I know so far though.

#4 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Next season's fixtures will be released two days after the latest date for the Gillette Yearbook to go to press so that it'll be out in time for Christmas ;)

#5 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Is 19,000 big enough?

I assume they're not planning to attract any home fans.
People called Romans they go the house

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Is 19,000 big enough?

I assume they're not planning to attract any home fans.

:D
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#7 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ha-bloody-ha! :)

The choice was between Rovers and Leeds I understand. As soon as it is concrete (although I am sure most will find out around the same time) I'll let you know.

#8 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

EN JUIN À ERNEST-WALLON
Et comme les Dragons, c'est aussi - et surtout - des joueurs, Bernard Guasch faisait la présentation de Brent Webb : "cinq victoires en Super League avec Leeds, sacré meilleur arrière du monde voici quatre ou cinq ans, un style opposé à celui de Clint Greenshields, son inoubliable prédécesseur, dont la force consistait à casser la ligne de défense adverse, l'ami de Stacey Jones étant lui plutôt enclin à placer ses coéquipiers dans les intervalles".
Laurent Frayssinous, pour sa part, se chargeait de vanter les qualités de Zeb Taia : "Comme Setaimata Sa, il allie technique et puissance, et associé à Steve Menzies sur le côté droit du terrain, il peut faire du dégât dans les défenses adverses".
Une arme nouvelle pour le régiment sang et or, qui pour la première fois de son histoire plantera son étendard au stade Ernest-Wallon, mis à disposition par le Stade Toulousain en juin 2013, pour la venue de Hull KR à l'occasion du match que le club se fait chaque année un devoir de délocaliser.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#9 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

EN JUIN À ERNEST-WALLON
Et comme les Dragons, c'est aussi - et surtout - des joueurs, Bernard Guasch faisait la présentation de Brent Webb : "cinq victoires en Super League avec Leeds, sacré meilleur arrière du monde voici quatre ou cinq ans, un style opposé à celui de Clint Greenshields, son inoubliable prédécesseur, dont la force consistait à casser la ligne de défense adverse, l'ami de Stacey Jones étant lui plutôt enclin à placer ses coéquipiers dans les intervalles".
Laurent Frayssinous, pour sa part, se chargeait de vanter les qualités de Zeb Taia : "Comme Setaimata Sa, il allie technique et puissance, et associé à Steve Menzies sur le côté droit du terrain, il peut faire du dégât dans les défenses adverses".
Une arme nouvelle pour le régiment sang et or, qui pour la première fois de son histoire plantera son étendard au stade Ernest-Wallon, mis à disposition par le Stade Toulousain en juin 2013, pour la venue de Hull KR à l'occasion du match que le club se fait chaque année un devoir de délocaliser.

yep thought that myself
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I don't know the exact date but last night a discussion took place and the Catalans President said he wants Hull KR to be the side who takes part. That is very pleasing. That is all I know so far though.

Wants to choose a fixture they're definitely going to win to please the french crowd :D :D :D

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

EN JUIN À ERNEST-WALLON

I agree absolutely spot on, top post.

#12 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Great place to be "on tour" as a Rervers fan. Can imagine it would be awesome seeing a shedload of Robins fans singing "Red Red Robin" on Place Du Capitol in front of the main town hall and everyone dining al fresco on the opposite side

#13 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

What date is this game on?

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

EN JUIN À ERNEST-WALLON

pour la venue de Hull KR à l'occasion du match que le club se fait chaque année un devoir de délocaliser.

My French ain't too good but I think this bit means in June, Ernest Wallon claimed Hull KR's ground was a poor venue and on the occasion of the match, the Rovers club gave fat cheques to their team which was devoid of local lads.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

My French ain't too good but I think this bit means in June, Ernest Wallon claimed Hull KR's ground was a poor venue and on the occasion of the match, the Rovers club gave fat cheques to their team which was devoid of local lads.

don't give up the day job OF !

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

don't give up the day job OF !

Which bit did I get wrong?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

What date is this game on?

Not sure the exact date, but Juin, I think
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users