Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More tickets just released for England v France by popular demand

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

A further 1,000 standing tickets have just been made available for Sunday’s eagerly-anticipated Autumn International Series final at Salford City Stadium between England and France (5.00pm).

Following massive demand from fans across the country, the RFL today took the decision to release the last batch of tickets for the stadium’s North Stand to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to witness England’s last full international ahead of the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

After Sunday, England will not see action until the summer’s International Origin against the Exiles, their last opponents before the opening fixture of RLWC2013 against Australia in Cardiff on Saturday October 26, 2013.

RFL Communications Director Niel Wood said: “The final has really caused a stir among supporters and we are delighted by the response we’ve seen at the Ticket Office. The opportunity to get behind England ahead of their assault on next year’s World Cup is clearly attractive to the fans, I am sure they will be in full voice on Sunday. The all-standing South Stand is already full and this morning more calls for tickets mean we have less than 50 seated tickets unsold in the East and West Stands.

“Although we now have an additional thousand tickets on sale we can’t promise that we will be able to sell tickets on the day so I would urge anyone who hasn’t yet got their ticket, seated or standing, to phone the Ticket Office or go online as quickly as possible to make sure they don’t miss out.”

Salford City Stadium is hosting international competition for the first time on Sunday and Rugby League fans have been clamouring to attend the historic event, which will see England start as red-hot favourites.

England have been in inspiring form so far in the Autumn International Series and with a full strength squad to select from, national coach Steve McNamara has indicated he will select his strongest possible line-up to face the French.

Sunday’s opponents are still smarting from their defeat at the hands of England at Hull last Saturday and have stepped up preparations with the intention of setting the record straight.

Tickets for the final of the 2012 Autumn International Series cost just £12 for adults and £6 for concessions and can be purchased by calling 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk
-ends-

Mark Covell
Head of PR

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

There has been much criticism of this tournament but the support given by the fans at Lens, at Hull and now at Salford is superb. The support given to England team and the opportunity to see the probable World Cup squad ahead of 2013 bodes well for the success of that event.

#3 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just shunting this one back up to the top because we want a FULL HOUSE ON SUNDAY.

Jump around folks. Let's burst that stadium at the seams.

:-)

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#4 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thing is its a nice little tournament in the absence of the four nations. modest aims and modest success nothing wrong with that.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#5 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

'After Sunday, England will not see action until the summer’s International Origin against the Exiles, their last opponents before the opening fixture of RLWC2013 against Australia in Cardiff on Saturday October 26, 2013.'

Really? :(

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

we need a hit out before the australia game...give cumbria a ring

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#7 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,412 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

just one? I think we should have several.

#8 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

There has been much criticism of this tournament but the support given by the fans at Lens, at Hull and now at Salford is superb. The support given to England team and the opportunity to see the probable World Cup squad ahead of 2013 bodes well for the success of that event.

I think the sensible ticket prices have been a big plus.

#9 Town Globetrotter

Town Globetrotter
  • Coach
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

we need a hit out before the australia game...give cumbria a ring

Agreed! Give Cumbria ring! No brainer! Get the match date set ASAP and hold it at the newly refurbished Derwent Park. Promote it as part of the build up to World Cup. Cumbrians in Super League and the Championship would all know at the beginning of the season that they have the opportunity to represent their county in arguably the biggest Cumbrian representative games in recent times (a full strength England team). It would be cracking for the game up in Cumbria and it would certainly get the whole county in the mood for the Rugby League World Cup!

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I think the sensible ticket prices have been a big plus.

I agree entirely. My appetite for International RL was whetted last year in the four nations. The prices were amazingly low and I was tempted and enjoyed the whole thing immensely. So when the RLWC was announced and the tickets wers still reasonable, I was sold from the start due to the lower priced tickets from the four nations re igniting my passion for the International game.

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

And still not a single mention in today's Guardian which previously had managed half a page for a womens' RU international.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users