• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

...Bradford!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I hope the Bulls don't expect him to rack up as many points in games at Odsal as he did the last time he appeared there... :ph34r:

Hope he goes well for Bradford but I remain unsure about him tbh. At least he's now cut his ties with Saints which will help as he made no secret of his desire to return there whilst on loan at Hull.

Being brutally honest, I don't think he'll ever be much of a star apart from his goalkicking which is exceptional. Showed up well on a few occasions playing for Hull with his kick chasing and link play with other backs but he's not the sort of winger to get you expecting great things every time he gets the ball. Mind you, there's not too many of them around either.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,079 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Surprised by this move tbh. But fair play, we'll see how it goes. Could be a good move for both parties.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Think thats a bit harsh OF - though no different to opinions I've heard expressed from some Saints fans over here. Personally, I think he was very, very harshly treated by Saints and was made a scapegoat for several other's failings. Don't think he let anyone down during his time with us & I'd have been happy for him to stay on. Glad that he's got fixed up with another club & hope he goes well.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#5 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Happy with this signing. That try he scored against Leeds the other year was incredible ( the round the back one). His kicking alone makes him a worthwhile signing.

At 22 with 70/80 SL games under his belt he's probably ready to push on.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Like a lot of players at Saints, he was over-rated when he came through simply because he was at Saints.

Good luck to the lad, solid enough playet, nothing more just yet.

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

We've chosen Jamie Foster over Shaun Ainscough. I hope I'm proved wrong but I fear we've made the wrong choice.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

His goal kicking will be of huge value.. if he puts on a bit of bulk i think he'll be much more handy.. not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but a solid young player with good skills with his whole career in front of him. good luck to him.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#9 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Personally, I think he was very, very harshly treated by Saints and was made a scapegoat for several other's failings. Don't think he let anyone down during his time with us & I'd have been happy for him to stay on. Glad that he's got fixed up with another club & hope he goes well.

This.

I also think there were some very vindictive Saints fans, particularly blokes for some reason, who just focused on his boots and hairstyle and got all petty about the fact that he was at that time 21 and successful with the ladies. He was doing great, even outside of Meli (who is sh** at anything other than barging over the line 5m out). He had a couple of dodgy games, just like the whole team did (bar one or two who started the season in great form) and he is dropped forever and blamed for it all. Mind you, he isn't the only young player badly treated under Rush. Gaskell too has been disappeared.

#10 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Mind you, he isn't the only young player badly treated under Rush. Gaskell too has been disappeared.

:o Don Rush eh! ;)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#11 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Good signing imo hes better all round than Ainscough

Edited by jackknife, 10 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#12 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Not overly bothered about him leaving Saints, fantastic goal kicker but pretty average in most other facets of the game.
He played most of his junior rugby as a centre but he's been trying for 3 years to put on the size required to play it at 1st team level, without success. The chances he got at Saints to play centre he was awful with opposition centres running straight through him. As a winger he's not slow but doesn't have real pace to worry the opposition.
Foster sealed his fate at Saints ironically aginst Bradford this year. It wasn't the fact that he made mistakes (lots did that day) it was the fact that he pulled out of going for the ball, failing to put his body on the line.

It was his lack of effort & committment that day that riled the coaching team and led to his being dropped & shipped out to Hull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users