Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL launch state of the game surveys

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

The RFL have launched two online surveys to get the views, observations and opinions of all Rugby League participants on the 2012 community game season.

These surveys are a crucial part of the 2012 season review with one open to all Rugby League players - http://www.therfl.co.uk/player_survey and the other open to all, coaches, volunteers, match officials, spectators, parents and administrators - http://www.therfl.co..._players_survey.

RFL Director of Participation David Gent said: “We want feedback on what participants have enjoyed this season, what they think could be improved and any other suggestions which they want to share with us.

“It’s important that we get as many responses as possible so we can progress and tailor our programmes to the needs of participants and ensure that the 2013 season will be even better.

“We are already meeting with leagues, clubs and other key stakeholders across the country as part of the review process and taking on board all feedback both positive and negative as we plan for next season and beyond.

“The surveys are quick and easy to fill in so I would urge everyone to please spare five minutes to have their say and help us to develop our sport.”

As well as questions on the 2012 campaign the survey, which is entitled ‘Let’s Talk Rugby League’ also includes a number of more general Rugby League questions for people involved in the sport to answer.

The results will help the RFL to better understand the requirements and motivations of Rugby League participants and will provide key insights which will be used to improve programmes as well as communication and marketing.

To take part in the online survey for players visit:
http://www.therfl.co.uk/player_survey

To take part in the online survey for coaches, volunteers, match officials, spectators, parents and administrators visit:
http://www.therfl.co..._players_survey
-ends-

Nick Boothroyd
Community PR Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Please take time to do the whichever survey is applicable.

I have just done it. 3 minutes max ........

And how are the RFL to provide the service its many and varied adherrents can make best use of, if we don't take time to let them know:

a) how many adherents they have and roughly where we are
and
B) what we do and don't use of the service that is already on offer.

Thanks (on behalf of the game!)

:-)

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Done. Although I will be very surprised if responses actually make a difference!

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Currently doing it. Question 10 annoys me though

10. When do you prefer to be involved?
Weekday
Weekend

Both? What else is there to do?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

It's an awful survey, very poorly structured. Even though there is a part supposedly slanted towards spectators it isn't in any way.

I've filled it in but cannot see how anything beneficial or constructive can come out of it.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Poor survey which doesnt really cover many peoples thoughts with whats wrong or how they feel about certain aspects of the game whether it be Amateur or Professional.

#7 Auntie Linzi Morris

Auntie Linzi Morris
  • Coach
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

An awful survey.
Poorly constructed, illogical in places and, I suspect, the vast majority of supporters will duck out before the end.

It's important to get these 'minor' aspects correct.
This sort of thing, along with spelling and grammatical errors in official press releases and marketing material, only serves to gradually erode public confidence in the sport's governing authority.

#8 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

got to agree, 5 minutes I've been robbed of filling that in.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#9 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,363 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I started to fill it in, but as Im only a fan, I didn't seem to make much sense me continuing, so I stopped.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users