Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

O'Loughlin and Chase return to England squad

England RL media release

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

England have named Wigan Warriors loose forward Sean O'Loughlin and Castleford Tigers half-back Rangi Chase in a 20-man squad for Sunday's Autumn International final against France at Salford City Stadium, Salford (5.00pm).

O'Loughlin has overcome a hamstring strain, which kept him out of England's 44-6 victory over France in Hull last week and Chase returns to the squad for the first time in this series after responding well to treatment on a adductor strain he sustained last month during the national team's high-altitude camp in
South Africa.

England coach Steve McNamara has also retained the 17 that played last week against France and has also drafted in Wigan wing Josh Charnley, who will be aiming to start the final after being rested last weekend.

"We have a fully fit squad going into the final, which is a great position to be in," said McNamara.

"Sean (O'Loughlin) has trained well all week and now has the chance of selection on Sunday. We also have Rangi (Chase) back in the mix after training well over the past fortnight. It will be a tough decision to make on who will miss out but all the players have the right qualities to pull on an England shirt."

The England squad to face France at Salford City Stadium on Sunday November 11, kick off 5.00pm is as follows (professional club and community club in
brackets):

England 20-man squad to play France (professional and community club)
Carl Ablett (Leeds Rhinos, Hunslet Parkside)
Tom Briscoe (Hull FC, Featherstone Lions)
Rob Burrow (Leeds Rhinos, Featherstone Lions)
Josh Charnley (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Pats)
Rangi Chase (Castleford Tigers, Dannevirke Tigers)
Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield Giants, Newsome Panthers)
Gareth Ellis (Hull FC, Lock Lane)
Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos, Oulton Raiders)
Ben Harrison (Warrington Wolves, Barrow Island)
Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves, New Springs Lions)
Gareth Hock (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Judes)
Jamie Jones-Buchanan (Leeds Rhinos, Stanningley)
Michael McIlorum (Wigan Warriors, Queens)
Adrian Morley (Warrington Wolves, Eccles)
Lee Mossop (Wigan Warriors, Hensingham)
Sean O'Loughlin(Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Pats)
Richie Myler (Warrington Wolves, Halton West Bank)
Kevin Sinfield © (Leeds Rhinos, Waterhead)
Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Pats)
Kallum Watkins (Leeds Rhinos, Latchford Albion)

Tickets for the final of the 2012 Autumn International Series at Salford City Stadium this Sunday November 11 cost just £12 for adults and £6 concessions and can be purchased by calling the RFL Ticket Office on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk
-ends-

Danny Reuben
Media Manager

Edited by Honor James, 09 November 2012 - 11:58 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I was hoping we might of got to see Burgess! Would be good to see how he's improved.

Think Chase is worth a nod over Myler and I'd have Charnley back on the wing with Briscoe to Centre for Cudjoe.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#3 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I was hoping we might of got to see Burgess! Would be good to see how he's improved.

Think Chase is worth a nod over Myler and I'd have Charnley back on the wing with Briscoe to Centre for Cudjoe.

I think it would be very harsh on Myler to drop him for Chase, especially with the erratic form Chase has shown this year.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Certainly we should have Chase for Myler, but cannot split Josh and Briscoe. Maybe rest Hall?

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

defo chase for myler......think myler has been poor this series.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#6 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Certainly we should have Chase for Myler, but cannot split Josh and Briscoe. Maybe rest Hall?

No way will he rest Hall, Mcnamarras Yorkshire bias will come through.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Chase is not the answer at all.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#8 Marty Funkhouser

Marty Funkhouser
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

If Chase plays i will not be watching England for the first time in a long, long time...picking the player just symptomises all that is wrong with the game in this country and i would rather not spend a couple of hours getting irritated by it...

#9 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

The mind boggles !
Where is Ratchford ? A player with the potential to be an England / Gt Britain player long after Chase has gone "Home" to Australia or wherever he was born :angry:

Edited by Latchford Locks, 10 November 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#10 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Id have chase in for myler n charnley in for briscoe but doesn't matter who he plays its stil guna be a walk over.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#11 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Tomkins Charnley Cudjoe Watkins Hall
Chase Sinfield
Hill Mcllorum Morley Hock Ellis O'loughlin

Burrows Mossop Harrison

Id be happy with that 16 but im sure he'll stick JJB in n Ablett the only other option as cant see Briscoe or Myler been on bench
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#12 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Anyone but Myler, he's Satan.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#13 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

So wire and fev fans are up in arms, big deal.

#14 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

If Chase plays i will not be watching England for the first time in a long, long time...picking the player just symptomises all that is wrong with the game in this country and i would rather not spend a couple of hours getting irritated by it...

There's not a lot wrong with the game if picking a former man of steel who has served the required residency probation is symptomatic of all our failings. I don't like country swapping either, but it's not worth getting too upset about. I think League is great and it would take a lot more than this to stop me watching.

On purely rugby matters, I wouldn't mind seeing him now that Sinfield has found his international mojo as the go-to player, although realistically I am not sure Chase will actually be our World Cup half.

Edited by Mushy, 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#15 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Chase should be nowhere near the England squad, not because of the nationality debate, but he was suspended for a part of the season and looks nowhere near good enough.

Myler is 22 and should be the focal point for the future.

Cummins Out.

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Anyone but Myler, he's Satan.

+1

#17 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Chase hasn't got British citizenship yet so he shouldn't even be under consideration for an England spot.

That's me.  I'm done.

#18 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Chase should be nowhere near the England squad, not because of the nationality debate, but he was suspended for a part of the season and looks nowhere near good enough.

Myler is 22 and should be the focal point for the future.

He's garlic bread.

#19 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

i'd pick my 88 year old mum before chase, and i am another who will not be going or watching as long as he is picked.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#20 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

i'd pick my 88 year old mum before chase, and i am another who will not be going or watching as long as he is picked.

This

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users