3 OR 4 NEW SIGNINGS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

SO IN TODAYS N&S IT SAYS WE ARE AFTER 3 OR 4 NEW SIGNINGS, WHO DO WE THIN THEY ARE GOING TO BE THEN? WE SEEM TO DEFO NEED 2 HALF BACKS THAT NOT INCLUDING IF BAMBER OR FORBER ARE SIGNING ON FOR ANOTHER SEASON

UP THE TOWN AND GOOD LUCK TO EGREMONT TODAY

#2 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

SO IN TODAYS N&S IT SAYS WE ARE AFTER 3 OR 4 NEW SIGNINGS, WHO DO WE THIN THEY ARE GOING TO BE THEN? WE SEEM TO DEFO NEED 2 HALF BACKS THAT NOT INCLUDING IF BAMBER OR FORBER ARE SIGNING ON FOR ANOTHER SEASON

UP THE TOWN AND GOOD LUCK TO EGREMONT TODAY

What you doing reading that comic..........thought it was gazetta non grata in these parts....oh shame on you

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

two halves and two forwards would do.

#4 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Two halfbacks, a centre and a forward please.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#5 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Town signed Calum Phillips..announced today or tomorrow.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Outstanding signing.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

whats the craic on him.. where does he play?Is he Bretts level ?

#8 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I have watched callum a few times wouldnt say he is bretts level but he can improve. And hes half back I think

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Has he actually signed as yet or is it another case of someone letting the cat out of the bag and giving our competitors chance to make a last ditch attempt?

Edited by GeordieTownie, 14 November 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#10 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I think you will find the JAM have already been in for him some time ago. Plays half back will be a great signing and will be just as good as BRETT

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Before Brett signed callum was supposed to be the more talented one. Although if he can take to the pro game half as well as Brett has then he will be a star.

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I don't doubt they'll have been in for him but I wouldn't imagine they'd know how far on talks with town are.

#13 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Im not aware of wether Callum has signed or not, however I can confirm that there is only one West Cumbrian professional rugby league club that have followed protocol and asked for permission to speak to the player

As for his position IMO he is a hooker, an outstanding one at that who can play half back if required!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#14 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Has he signed then or is it a load ov bull nowt on website or news and star

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

From what I've heard he's been in talks but nothing signed yet.

#16 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Im not aware of wether Callum has signed or not, however I can confirm that there is only one West Cumbrian professional rugby league club that have followed protocol and asked for permission to speak to the player

As for his position IMO he is a hooker, an outstanding one at that who can play half back if required!

little dig there gilly,so what your saying is haven haven't followed protocol.Well from what im told haven have not even spoke to him as it is cast he would sign with his brother and there for haven would be nothing more than a barttering tool.

#17 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

little dig there gilly,so what your saying is haven haven't followed protocol.Well from what im told haven have not even spoke to him as it is cast he would sign with his brother and there for haven would be nothing more than a barttering tool.

I apologise if my post read that way but it wasnt a dig at Whitehaven! Both West Cumbrian clubs are excellant at following the agreed protocol something that they duly did when the signature of Brett Phillips was sought after, and as I have heard nothing from Whitehaven which I know I would of had they been in dialogue then it can be taken as gospel that Workington are the only club to have spoken to him

I couldnt imagine him playing against Brett either to be honest
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#18 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah Callum has signed - happy days!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#19 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm surprised he has signed, I watched him a couple of times at the end of the amateur season and the lad was obviously carrying his injured leg. I would have thought 6 months with Seaton rebuilding his fitness and confidence would have been better for the lads recovery at this stage and town could then have signed Callum up once they were sure of his fitness. The Championship is going to be a very tough league next year and I wouldn't like a half-fit Callum to get knocked about by some old pro out to make a name for himself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users