Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Grand Final

Predictions

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

pilkington i think.

#42 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

According to twitter there was a bad injury in the NWML! Anyone update on that at all?

#43 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

According to twitter there was a bad injury in the NWML! Anyone update on that at all?

heard on the radio that the air ambulance was called, but didnt hear what the injury was.

Edited by shun, 18 November 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#44 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

A traditional club like ours with a good local young team not in the same situation of some teams with so called top players on a merry go round as in in the Hull/Leigh/Wigan areas.

What the ###### are you on about chinaman? What's a traditional club for a start, and don't forget before you start gobbing off Hull for example have five, yes five teams in the prem.

#45 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Congratulations to Wath Brow - with the exception of Leroy they are a young side most of whom have come through the successful junior set up at the club

#46 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

heard on the radio that the air ambulance was called, but didnt hear what the injury was.

Was told a broken leg but don't know who

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#47 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well done Brow you toughed it out and took all they could throw at you,then turned the game around when the lad went full length to score a tremendous try. However Myton also played well having lots of possesion in and around the sticks but could not convert it into points.As a neutral really enjoyed the game especially the banter between both lots of travelling speccies.

Great banter and atmosphere especially the noisy Wath Brow lot - laughed all match at the gangnam style leader of the Brow fans goading (friendly) the One Direction wannabees from Myton who had a one song come back featuring sheep

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#48 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Was told a broken leg but don't know who

Broken tibia and fibia I heard in the last minute of his last game for Pilks...

Jim Hartley this years RFL President ( and a Saints Director) presented his medal to him with his family in the First Aid room. The air ambulance arrived but was not needed . Everyone in the game wishes him a speedy recovery

#49 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Well done to wath brow, great game to watch!

#50 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Enjoyable game for the neutral today, i thought the 8 for Wath was the MOM, Leroy Joe was there at crucial moments and had a hand in a few tries but not visable for large parts of the game. The try by Peter Caddy was excellent and the 6 for Wath looks very good on his feet.

Myton played well but didnt turn possession into points, and 2 back to back tries killed them off a little but all credit to them on their first year in the premier league - Captain Steve Atkinson ran his blood to water for them today

Does anyone know where Mark Spence was?

How is the Wath player that turned his ankle in the first half (in exactly the same spot as the Pilks player)

#51 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yeah Richard huby was number 8 had a top game so did his brother in back row, the small stocky lad for Myton did well off bench

#52 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

How is the Wath player that turned his ankle in the first half (in exactly the same spot as the Pilks player)

stupid i pitch!! Hope they both recover well

Edited by shun, 18 November 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#53 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Congratulations to Wath Brow - very worthy champions!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#54 RagingCow

RagingCow
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Was brows 13 who got injured. Think he is called Jamie Devine. For the short time he was on i thought he caused huge problems for myton MOM FOR ME and karl dixon was brilliant again and as for brows winger running 99m he is like road runner off looney tunes

#55 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

The boys are back in the club now in fancy dress, the drinking houses of West Cumbria could be in for a bit of a surprise today! As for the game, Myton contributed massively to a highly competitive match but I thought our defense was brilliant to keep them out. Then to score 4 superb trys was the icing on the cake. Best bit for me.....all our kids from mini mods upwards watching the presentation and celebrations thinking "I want some of that!".

The crack with the Myton supporters during the game was brilliant, in particular the lad on the balcony behind the seats who was determined to take on the whole of the Brow crowd in the banter stakes by himself!

Great day, great night and can't wait for it start all over again, see you all around the conference in 2013!

#56 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Good post that redbeck, glad you enjoyed your day mate.

#57 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for that Wombat, further news on Jamie, the Brow lad injured, he been to hospital. He's suffered ligament damage to his knee. They're not sure about the extent of the damage, he has to go back when the swelling goes down.

#58 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Enjoyable game for the neutral today, i thought the 8 for Wath was the MOM, Leroy Joe was there at crucial moments and had a hand in a few tries but not visable for large parts of the game. The try by Peter Caddy was excellent and the 6 for Wath looks very good on his feet.

Myton played well but didnt turn possession into points, and 2 back to back tries killed them off a little but all credit to them on their first year in the premier league - Captain Steve Atkinson ran his blood to water for them today

Does anyone know where Mark Spence was?

Watch the highlights, nothing to do with the pitch
NCL site

Edited by terryg, 19 November 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#59 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for that Wombat, further news on Jamie, the Brow lad injured, he been to hospital. He's suffered ligament damage to his knee. They're not sure about the extent of the damage, he has to go back when the swelling goes down.

When they get him off the drink

#60 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well they told me both cruciates were damaged when I got knocked down last year, but when the swelling went down and I had the scans it was only cartilage trouble, so lets hope
it's the same for the lad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Predictions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users