Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL 2013 Draw Coming Shortly

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

The draw for NRL Season 2013 will be released at the end of the week. Thursday or Friday has been pencilled in for this.

This season the dates and times for all games in the first 20 rounds will be published, with the remaining six rounds' fixtures being finalised in detail after Round 16.

It's the first time that so much of the seasons fixtures will have been settled in terms of day/time/venue so far in advance.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Excellent. I need to book my holiday soon
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Ah Yes :rolleyes:
Taken from todays NRL.com

The 2013 NRL draw will be released next week.
NRL General Manager of Football Operations Mr Nathan McGuirk said today that while the draw was close to finalisation there were a number of steps needed to ensure that there was the greatest possible alignment of contractual obligations and club requests.
“This has been the most complex draw process we have attempted,” Mr McGuirk said.
“The modelling so far looks really exciting but we are not at the point yet where we can finalise the draw and I expect that will happen next week.
“Our focus here is on delivering the best result and that is what we believe we can achieve.”

Translation - The FTA broadcaster didn't like what the canadians came up with,so we'll let them tinker with it. <_<
Different day - Same ###### :angry:

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#4 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't know which is worse - long winded 'media speak' or' politician speak'. Your translation sounds right BR - I guess you'd not make a politician. I couldn't give you a higher compliment!

So that's another week to wait before you can plan some detail of your holiday Brooza.

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

So that's another week to wait before you can plan some detail of your holiday Brooza.

Based on this year's fixtures, I'm currently working on the assumption that the first SOO will be in Melbourne on 22/05.

A week in Cambodia, then a week in Melbourne and a week in Sydney (possibly with Jacksonville, Florida on the way back)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#6 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

There's not always a SOO game in Melbourne.
The year before last there from memory I believe Games 1 + 3 were in Brisbane and Game 2 in Sydney.
Maybe there'll be 2 games in NSW and 1 in QLD???? I'd certainly wait and see before setting anything down for certain.

#7 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Correct G ! I know an offer was made by 'the Victorian Government' for an annual SOO in Melbourne.but then there's this.

NSW, which has lost the past seven Origin series, has already begun lobbying the commission to have two games played in Sydney next year following concerns it has been the state most short-changed through the Victorian experiment.

The Blues have given up two home games for Melbourne (2006 and 2012) to the Maroons' one (2009) since the deal was struck in 2006. They have not had a home ground advantage since the 2010 series.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm heading to Sydney for a Bunnies game and Melbourne for some stand-up comics, so can shuffle dates around to suit either. As long as I don't have to go to QLD, I'll be happy :P

#9 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Well - It's "next week" & the number of 'official' media releases about the 2013 NRL draw = ZERO - NADA - ZILCH
Still there's always "next week" :rolleyes:
Meanwhile the tail is chasing the dog over 'banning the shoulder charge' ?
Does this meen the likes of Marshall , Inglis , etc will have to 'redefine',so it becomes a 'legal front on tackle' :lol:

#10 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Apparently the ARLC are going to ban any contact between players and will ensure there's no accidental bumps by setting up no-go zones on the pitch, separate entrances and exits and possibly have the two teams playing at different venues for games where there might potentially be trouble.

#11 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

NRL have release a few tasters of the early rounds:

Sonny Bill Williams' Sydney Roosters will open the season and fans will have to wait just a few rounds for a grand-final rematch when the NRL unveils its long-awaited 2013 draw on Friday.
Premiers Melbourne will host Canterbury in a match which will take centre stage in round three when they clash at AAMI Park on Thursday March 21, two weeks after the Roosters host traditional rivals South Sydney at Allianz Stadium to kick off the season.
"We're pleased to be hosting the Bulldogs early. It will be interesting to have rugby league in Victoria on a Thursday night," Storm chief executive Ron Gauci told AAP.
"We're looking forward to it and very excited about the prospect of having the grand-final rematch at AAMI Park that early in the season."
Asked about the prospects of putting up the 'house full' sign, Gauci said: "We would hope so, but again Thursday night is an experiment. We would hope Melburnians would like to come and see that game."
A massive crowd will also be expected for the season-opener on March 7, which will no doubt be double-billed as Williams' return to rugby league, almost five years after walking out on the code.
Fans and clubs have been sweating on the draw for some weeks, with the 2013 edition to be the first featuring fixed scheduling for the majority of the season.
Ricky Stuart's life as Parramatta coach will kick off with a home encounter against the Warriors in a Saturday night encounter, while Manly will host rivals Newcastle in round two in another 2013 innovation - a Sunday twilight encounter.
Other notable fixtures include Cronulla's Friday night away game against Wests Tigers, when a plethora of Sharks' players will face up to their former teammates, while St George Illawarra's 12-year hoodoo in the nation's capital will go on the line in round three when they take on Canberra.

#12 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

So after all that only City v Country gets included in the "NRL free" rep weekend ?
All the SOO games are still Wednesday night games.
2013 Draw

#13 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

And I think adding this line at the top is - PRICELESS :rolleyes:

Please Note: Draw is subject to change.

#14 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thankfully I'd not booked anything, otherwise I'd have been back in England in time to watch SOO on TV!

#15 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I've posted the 2013 Draw and pinned it to the top of the forum.

#16 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Very badly thought out draw and certain clubs get favoured! Broncos get the easy draw again and most weeks get 7 days rest! OK they rate well on TV but is it in the TV deal that Broncos get 11 Friday night games? Way too many that. Manly play most games now on a Monday which will likely see them get lower crowds than on a Friday or weekend. No Leichhardt game on a Sunday which sells out for the Tigers and not the best draw all around. The Storm have a very poor draw and looks like the ARLC dont want them to have a chance of being in the top 2. Plus why do they only have 2 Friday Night games? David Gyngall (Roosters fan) at Channel 9 has seen to it the Roosters have an easy time. The people running the game at the ARLC just dont seem to care about the fans or the clubs and helping them at all

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Thankfully I'd not booked anything, otherwise I'd have been back in England in time to watch SOO on TV!

Flights booked on Friday
Origin ticket booked last night

Just waiting for Rabbitohs and Storm tickets to go on sale

#18 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Go to Australia in July. My mate is coaching the U20s at the storm so hopefully spend a day or two wi them or if very lucky wi first team and then watch Melbourne v Brisbane.. Hope to catch a game in Sydney and maybe Brisbane or Townsville depending on how things go and if Wife is not too fed up with Rugby !