The Beeb and Rugby League.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Just waiting for the Rugby to come on and Sue Barker says, "since the kick off has been put back a few minute we can have a bit more time on the tennis!"

I always knew we were just a filler to be shunted around to fill the gap between what they see as really important stuff!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Why was the kick off put back?

I am no promoter for the BBC but they do run to schedules (in fact they usually determine them). If a professional organisation cannot kick off at the time announced (contracted?) then they deserve to be a filler.

Was the delay due to those well known traffic problems getting to the stadium on Mars?

#3 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

The traffic is horrendous at that Stadium, why you would put a 12000 seater stadium on what might as well be a one way street with a 2 into 1 filter lane almost immediately before the stadium!
No wonder the crowds are attrocious.

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

The traffic is horrendous at that Stadium, why you would put a 12000 seater stadium on what might as well be a one way street with a 2 into 1 filter lane almost immediately before the stadium!
No wonder the crowds are attrocious.

Great stadium, but i agree, the transport facilities are rank
Resident only street parking pushing you to park on the crowded costly main car park. No pubs near by unless you head down Liverpool Rd like we did, Then an announcement 5 minutes before the end that the car park will be shut at the end of the game whilst the stadium clears. its a real shame as its a good ground.
Salford play on a friday night, god knows what its like then.. And £2 for a cold cup of nats pee coffee, the only bonus was the £12 cost to sit in the main stand a real bargain to watch international RL. Great stadium very average experience.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Because nobody else wanted the land so it was cheap?

why you would put a 12000 seater stadium on what might as well be a one way street with a 2 into 1 filter lane almost immediately before the stadium!

#6 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I think next time i visit the stadium ill be parking at Eccles and walking across

#7 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Had no problem,stayed in the stadium watched the trophy being presented,and the lap of honour then went to the car got held up at the traffic lights but within 2 minutes was on the M60 and coming home.Going we got stuck in traffic at junction 11 but within 10 minutes we were at the carpark.

Ive been to worse places such as Hull and Wigan were it can take an hour and more

Nice ground to once all the surrouning area is completed
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#8 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Last season there was a bus that ran from the Willows to the ground for £2 for Salford games, easy. It was well used last season so they'll probably scrap it for the next. :rolleyes:
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#9 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Had no problem,stayed in the stadium watched the trophy being presented,and the lap of honour then went to the car got held up at the traffic lights but within 2 minutes was on the M60 and coming home.Going we got stuck in traffic at junction 11 but within 10 minutes we were at the carpark.

Ive been to worse places such as Hull and Wigan were it can take an hour and more

Nice ground to once all the surrouning area is completed

So does anyone know the reason for the start being delayed? I am not aware of televised games at JJB/DW and KC having the kick off delayed in recent years.

#10 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

So does anyone know the reason for the start being delayed? I am not aware of televised games at JJB/DW and KC having the kick off delayed in recent years.

Not sure but you do get people trying to turn up at the last minutes and expecting to drive straight in.At the end of the game people still rushed out even though they were told the car parks would stay shut to allow foot traffic to move out.Not saying its perfect but not has bad as its made out to be.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#11 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I have been at both Wigan and Hull for Internationals held up for congestion,and Wembley is a nightmare getting in and out by road.

#12 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think it all comes down to persoanl experience, last time I drove to Wembley, three years ago I was back in Rochdale berfore 9pm - and lets be fair, we are talking about 70-80,000 crowds not the handful that Salford get.

At Wigan I park for free on a side street a 15-20 minute walk from the ground and get away without any delay - and thats for rugby and football.

#13 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Did you have to do the Wigan walk to get away with out any delay Anita? I've always had trouble getting out if I've stayed to the hooter, then again I've always parked in the car park next to the stadium.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#14 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thats the problem PD, parking in the club car park - if you are driving from Wigan centre , instead of at the roundabout going right into the shopping centre and round tio the club car park, you bear left and up the hill there is street parking on the side streets. Its 15 min walk (max) to the ground and you can stay until the end and back to the car without hitting traffic jams. (There is actually a footpath from the side streets down to the shopping centre which cuts the walk time by 5 mins) No wigan walks needed.

Now it might be difficult to find a spot 10 mins before kick off - but Ive had no probelm finding a spot arriving 30-45 mins before ko.

If you are driving from the other direction just carry on past the shopping centre and turn right at the roundabout and up the hill.

Sorry I don't know the name of the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users