Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The value of a good goalkicker

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Are we saying then that the Rhinos will only let us have players who they consider not to be good enough for their first team squad ?-- if that's the case do we really want them ?
Ward and LH could keep themselves match fit playing with us as did Elliott Kerr from the Crusaders.

A more interesting question is - what will happen if any (or even all) of the players coming from Leeds turn out to not be good enough to play for Hunslet ??

#22 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

A more interesting question is - what will happen if any (or even all) of the players coming from Leeds turn out to not be good enough to play for Hunslet ??

They wont play for Hunslet, pretty simple. Best 17 players will represent the club.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#23 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

They wont play for Hunslet, pretty simple. Best 17 players will represent the club.

I doubt Leeds are gonna loan you players for them not to play.

#24 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

I doubt Leeds are gonna loan you players for them not to play.

Baz picks the team, Its up to him who plays.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#25 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yeah ok so Leeds are gonna loan you these players who they need to be kept fit and baz isn't gonna play them?

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yeah ok so Leeds are gonna loan you these players who they need to be kept fit and baz isn't gonna play them?

If he thinks the leeds players are better than what we have they will play, if there not better than what we have they won't, it's pretty simple really.

#27 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

If he thinks the leeds players are better than what we have they will play, if there not better than what we have they won't, it's pretty simple really.

don't be daft, barry will be taking orders from sir hetherington just like everyone else involved in rugby league ;)

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I really don't know why people are finding this concept so hard to understand...
Posted Image

#29 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I really don't know why people are finding this concept so hard to understand...

I'm sure nobody has a problem understanding it Gav, but there is obviously a number who are doubting whether it will turn out to be true.

I was of course playing Devil's advocate when I posed that question ... but what does happen, if the situation does arise, will tell us quite a lot about the partnership.

It could be we go back and say "they're not good enough" and they provide some better players - advantage Hunslet.

Or they might, ahem, "encourage" us to continue playing them, even though they're not cutting it in the Championship at this stage in their career - advantage Leeds (oh, and the rest of the Championship).

Or we could just continue to not play them - advantage nobody, and really rendering the entire partnership somewhat pointless from a player point of view.

#30 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

If you say so. There is no way on this world that Leeds are gonna loan you players for them not to play, and if they are not better than what you already have then what's the point? Simple really.

#31 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm sure nobody has a problem understanding it Gav, but there is obviously a number who are doubting whether it will turn out to be true.

I was of course playing Devil's advocate when I posed that question ... but what does happen, if the situation does arise, will tell us quite a lot about the partnership.

It could be we go back and say "they're not good enough" and they provide some better players - advantage Hunslet.

Or they might, ahem, "encourage" us to continue playing them, even though they're not cutting it in the Championship at this stage in their career - advantage Leeds (oh, and the rest of the Championship).

Or we could just continue to not play them - advantage nobody, and really rendering the entire partnership somewhat pointless from a player point of view.

Barry has met both Barry Mc and Brian Mc to discuss players on numerous occasions, so there has been a lot of consultation around the players who will be joining us, and i know for a fact that we have already knocked back players who Leeds have put forward to us to come on dual reg based on the fact that Barry and our coaching staff dont think they will be better than what we currently have and wont improve the squad.

I think the players who do join us will be players who Leeds want to send to us and who Barry and his staff feel will make the team/squad stronger. Once at the club these Leeds players will be picked on form, just like the rest of our contracted players. Obviously all players dip in and out of form, and it will be up to Barry to decide who he thinks his is best 17 players for that particular game and pick the team accordingly.

Knowing the names of the players we think we are getting, in my opinion they will certainly improve the squad and will be pushing for a first team place.

#32 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Barry has met both Barry Mc and Brian Mc to discuss players on numerous occasions, so there has been a lot of consultation around the players who will be joining us, and i know for a fact that we have already knocked back players who Leeds have put forward to us to come on dual reg based on the fact that Barry and our coaching staff dont think they will be better than what we currently have and wont improve the squad.

I think the players who do join us will be players who Leeds want to send to us and who Barry and his staff feel will make the team/squad stronger. Once at the club these Leeds players will be picked on form, just like the rest of our contracted players. Obviously all players dip in and out of form, and it will be up to Barry to decide who he thinks his is best 17 players for that particular game and pick the team accordingly.

Knowing the names of the players we think we are getting, in my opinion they will certainly improve the squad and will be pushing for a first team place.

Deluded!!!

#33 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Deluded!!!

Stick to tiling and i will stick to the facts ;)

#34 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Stick to tiling and i will stick to the facts ;)

Director? You couldn't direct traffic.

Careful with the mouth as well old lad it got you into trouble not so long back.

Edited by number9, 15 November 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Deluded!!!

Nothing in that post you quoted could be classed as deluded. Nothing.
Posted Image

#36 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Director? You couldn't direct traffic.

Careful with the mouth as well old lad it got you into trouble not so long back.

Who cant

Posted Image

#37 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Nothing in that post you quoted could be classed as deluded. Nothing.

I meant him not the post.

Leeds Rhinos aren't gonna loan players to Hunslet for them not play, that's all I was saying. It's a no BRAINer!!!

Edited by number9, 15 November 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#38 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Leeds Rhinos aren't gonna loan players to Hunslet for them not play, that's all I was saying.

Read what ive posted above again, i said Hunslet will be only taking on players from Leeds that Hunslet think will be better than what Hunslet already have, which in turn means that the players will 99% of the time be playing in our team, which means that the scenario your talking about will not come about unless they are having a nightmare week in week out which i wouldnt expect top players to go through such a run of poor form.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 15 November 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#39 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Who cant

Posted Image

CLASS....You'll be telling me you've got ur Green Cross Code badge next,i do know you got ur Lager making badge in the cubs when u were 7...........

#40 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Leeds Rhinos aren't gonna loan players to Hunslet for them not play, that's all I was saying. It's a no BRAINer!!!

The thing is with this Daz, hetherinton got to find somewhere for these players to play because of the leagues,he'll av to pay em while there sat on there backsides or sack em,not enough leagues for all these players.......

Edited by Blackbeard, 15 November 2012 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users