southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

yes but he's a traditional pirate.

anyway while I'm at it

whooooooosh!

ohh arr captain
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#42 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well I think these are great and I'm a grumpy old man!

What is very very good is that there is news, an event or a press releae every day. It shows someone has got their act together in promoting the World Cup and that makes me happy.

Exactly. If all we can moan about is the tournament mascots then someone is doing their job very well!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#43 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

The mascots look fun. The names are good too. I think they will do well as they don't look weird like the Olympics mascots did (who on earth designed them?) but cuddly and cute. I also like the idea of having the flags on Grubber's t-shirt. That reminds everyone that the world cup isn't just about whether England can beat Australia!

Ultimately, though, they are for children. I think they'll be a hit with their target audience.

#44 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

"Steed" to commemorate Steeden balls

Blimey, that's a bit cryptic.

Last new RL ground (83): Langtree Park, St Helens - Leeds v Warrington 9/8/14

#45 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Grubber, great.

Steed, I really hope Steeden are sponsoring the balls, otherwise we'll look a bit daft and his name will have to be changed to Gilbert or Mitre.

Mascots work. My son loved Wenlock and Mandeville, and he could identify them individually weeks before the Olympics started. Hopefully we'll have the same reaction in the host cities for the world cup.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#46 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Steed, I really hope Steeden are sponsoring the balls, otherwise we'll look a bit daft and his name will have to be changed to Gilbert or Mitre.

Steeden are the ball suppliers for the RLWC2013
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#47 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Steeden are the ball suppliers for the RLWC2013

Right on cue...
Posted Image

#48 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Right on cue...

Posted Image

Edited by Futtocks, 14 November 2012 - 03:41 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#49 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,390 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

It's almost like they knew.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#50 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

It's almost like they knew.

Indeed. I bet they'll make a killing flogging a real-life 'Steed' to all the excited kiddies next year.

Lovely stuff is that.
Posted Image

#51 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Indeed. I bet they'll make a killing flogging a real-life 'Steed' to all the excited kiddies next year.

And the completists will want a full set of those RWC balls. Ker-chinggg!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#52 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

And the completists will want a full set of those RWC balls. Ker-chinggg!

Only eleven, how am I going to get the full set, sob

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#53 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,844 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nice set of balls, that.

I must admit, Steed didn't seem cryptic to me - it's a good name.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#54 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

The heritage ball looks class!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

All 14 supporters balls here:
http://www.steeden.c...C Country Balls
Posted Image

#56 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,844 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

This is the most balls I've seen on a thread since I last bothered to read one in which the Parksider had participated.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#57 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Those are some pretty nice balls i must say.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#58 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

If they have cuddly versions available for Xmas that's my boys' presents sorted.

What are the odds that theyll be on sale the week before it starts?

#59 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

What are the odds that theyll be on sale the week before it starts?

Going off the rest of the #RLWC2013 build up so far, I would say a lot longer odds than normal, to be fair.
Posted Image

#60 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

A good mascot can go a long way towards creating a great tournament experience for spectators. I will never forget, for example, going to the Ice Hockey World Championships in Germany and seeing a giant blue dinosaur dancing with the cheerleaders. Whenever he performed acrobatics or interacted with the fans, it seemed to lift an already cracking atmosphere up a further notch. I think Grubber and Steed will work well and will help fans attending their first game to enjoy their day out.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users