Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The I S game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Says on the Jam site that Town dont want to play the game over Xmas, anyone heard out? the clown Boxer has got his knickers in so much of a twist that he has got himself a ban, what a ---- head :lol: :lol: :lol:

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

My view is, that this game should be played the 1st weekend after new year, why have a game on boxing day? the lads cant enjoy their xmas day with their families if they have to play on boxing day

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Id agree with that. Don't really get friendlies on Boxing Day . Start in jan running smoothly to the season starts.

Edited by DavidM, 11 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#4 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Its true we dont want it on boxing day, the coaches want it to be on the 29th of December instead

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

My view is, that this game should be played the 1st weekend after new year, why have a game on boxing day? the lads cant enjoy their xmas day with their families if they have to play on boxing day

i agree. being right in the middle of the xmas period does the game,the players and the fans no favours. play it in january and use it as a pre season friendly.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I don't think there has been many "Ike" games actually played on Boxing Day over the years. What would be the point of playing the game with several players from each club missing over the Xmas period?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

It's probably just haven playing their usual mind games!!!

#8 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Says on the Jam site that Town dont want to play the game over Xmas, anyone heard out? the clown Boxer has got his knickers in so much of a twist that he has got himself a ban, what a ---- head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a bit like Turkeys voting for an early Christmas :rolleyes: Let the players enjoy their Christmas and New Year and play it in January. I think haven will get a better gate then.

#9 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Can someone from the club please confirm what date the match is to be played, this will then put our poor neighbours minds at rest and give them something really important to talk about, as at the moment their is not much happening in Dopeland, even Santa is pulling out of going there this year :wacko:

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

their fans want it played at xmas coz they know we have injuries and players not available etc. their fans are desperate to beat us and claiming on deludedfans.com the teams are equal now lol.

#11 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

we want it played at xmas cause thats when its supposed to be played,i agree boxing day is no good from a players view but nothing wrong with the 30th

#12 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Considering the players get sweet FA for playing in the game id like to see it early january to let them have a good festive period
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#13 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

there in a long league this season with all the big boys so its one that can be for january

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

we want it played at xmas cause thats when its supposed to be played,i agree boxing day is no good from a players view but nothing wrong with the 30th

Tell me which rule book states it MUST be played in the xmas period H4E.

#15 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

no rule its just always been an xmas game unless weather or you not being able to raise a team ,

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Woulyou go to work on boxing day if you weren't getting paid for it. I know I bloody wouldn't. The Sunday in between would be better or the one after new years. Chances are the game will be called off anyhow on that dump you call a ground, so why should the lads not enjoy there Xmas when the game will most likely be called off. But as long as some selfish jameaters are happy then that's all that matters.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#17 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

read my post again clearly say boxing day is not ideal but town dont want that or the 30 th as they say they cant raise a team

Edited by haven4ever, 18 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#18 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I think that the jam will agree to play it later as the work is still going on extending the home dug out . ha ha

#19 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

read my post again clearly say boxing day is not ideal but town dont want that or the 30 th as they say they cant raise a team

Pray tell o wise one what are your sources of information? On here and on the havenfans forum you lot seem to have a lot to say, i think you have your knickers twisted, chinese whispers started by lot, fanned by you lot, and than believed by you lot, if either club cannot for any reason play on a certain day then so what, maybe you should get at your own directors for arranging pointless friendly games before the issue of playing a game in the memory of a great player,after all if town suggest a date but your mob have already got something else to do then who's fault is that? Pot and kettle come to mind when you go on about it, may i suggest you stick what you do, and let directors direct as the clue is in there title. Tadje

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

no rule its just always been an xmas game unless weather or you not being able to raise a team ,

maybe were just bored of beating haven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users