RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The I S game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#21 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

read my post again clearly say boxing day is not ideal but town dont want that or the 30 th as they say they cant raise a team

I think you'll find that Town have said that they would prefer not to play on Boxing Day - FACT.

Your comment that Town have also turned down the 30th December is an absolute lie..!!
At no point has any date been "turned down"..!!
Either get your FACTS right, or don't post anything at all.
Instead of listening to the rumour mill and picking out which bits you want to believe, I suggest you
quit stirring up trouble.

#22 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I think you'll find that Town have said that they would prefer not to play on Boxing Day - FACT.

Your comment that Town have also turned down the 30th December is an absolute lie..!!
At no point has any date been "turned down"..!!
Either get your FACTS right, or don't post anything at all.
Instead of listening to the rumour mill and picking out which bits you want to believe, I suggest you
quit stirring up trouble.

:D

Well said, the shaven fan who thinks he knows it all, not surprisingly is wrong again. :rolleyes:

#23 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Come on H4E what have gotta say about that? A member of the BOD has put you straight after you claim to know what has and hasn't been said.
Will an apology be forth coming after the lies you have posted on here accusing Town of refusing to play it on the dates mentioned?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

All the shouting about when this match has/should be played and it has never been played on a Boxing Day.

The trophy was first played for on 29 December 2006 on a wet night at the Rec.
The following year it was played on 30 December 2007 at DP
There wasn't a game in 2008 as the weather intervened and it was once again played on a wet afternoon at the Rec on 14 January 2009
The 2009 game despite the bridges being down went ahead on 27th December 2009 at DP
In 2010 once again due to weather the game wasn't played until 3 January 2011 at the Rec
Last year we couldn't raise a full team and the game was played on 15 January 2012 at DP

Boxing Day games were alright when it was a winter season but I wouldn't blame any player for not wanting to play in the Xmas period, especially those with young families. End of January would be the best time for this game as real tester for the season about to start!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 18 November 2012 - 09:21 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

As we have other games organised for January please let the family of the GREAT Ike Southward (cumbrian legend) that the game is cancelled as the team he played his heart and soul out for can not be arsed to put a team together in his memory

terrible post. everyone connected with town has nothing but the upmost respect for Ike.

#26 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

your Bod member would say that .haven suggested 26th and town said no,they suggest 30th and again no and reason given was you could not raise a team ,town came back with a mid Jan date which haven have refused as it should be played over the festive period as it was suppose to be and haven have other games arrange for January .so lets wait and see shall we

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

As we have other games organised for January please let the family of the GREAT Ike Southward (cumbrian legend) that the game is cancelled as the team he played his heart and soul out for can not be arsed to put a team together in his memory

Well that's 2 days out of 31 taken care of for you what about the other 29? Stop playing all indignant. The game in 2008 postponed at the Rec until 14th January 2009 because of the weather and was eventually played in torrential rain in front of only 1,004 fans!!! There's only been one game played at the Rec on the first actual date set for the game and that was the 2006 game. There's more disrespect to Ike's memory playing in poor conditions or having to put out weakened teamS.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

your Bod member would say that .haven suggested 26th and town said no,they suggest 30th and again no and reason given was you could not raise a team ,town came back with a mid Jan date which haven have refused as it should be played over the festive period as it was suppose to be and haven have other games arrange for January .so lets wait and see shall we

Care to name this source of (mis)information as you are now claiming the Workington Town BOD are lying?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

town offered 13 th jan after messing about with both 26th and 30th Dec

Edited by haven4ever, 18 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Once again haven fans make themselves look like asses.Somebody who is actually in the know corrects you and because you've heard a whisper then obviously your right. Just like yous were right about miller, carter, shacks and olstrum all joining your shower of sh**. Why dont you both jog on back to the deluded site and invent some more rubbish for the clowns to believe.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Voodoo it was probably the same guy who claimed Matty had signed for them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#32 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

didnt say when it would be played did he,when you look at keiths list the only time it hasn't been played over the festive period has been because of weather or town not being able to raise a team last season .We all agree boxing day is not good date and most town and haven fans think the 30th is the best date,so lets see

#33 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

BOGIEHSTS.........re-arrange them letters and you get a word that sums up most haven fans that come on here....

as for when the game will be played I was talkin to one of our players and he reckons it could be feburary as we dont enter the Northen Rail cup til the knock outs now.

#34 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

didnt say when it would be played did he,when you look at keiths list the only time it hasn't been played over the festive period has been because of weather or town not being able to raise a team last season .We all agree boxing day is not good date and most town and haven fans think the 30th is the best date,so lets see

Big delivery on boxingday marra!!! I cant get work off ;) :lol:

#35 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

how many times are you going to say about town not being able to raise a team. what a veilded dig that is. i know where you get your info from H4E/ BKM.

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

But one of those games postponed at the Rec, H4E, was because of the state of Haven's pitch - drainage. The Amateur Cumbria Cup Final went ahead on Boxing Day that year at DP. Funny though I have looked back at comments on the haven forum for that time and the biggest thing Haven fans were concerned about was how much it would cost the club (Haven) playing it when they did on a Sunday afternoon when Man Utd were playing Chelsea. No indignation then or talk of respect for Ike's family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Care to name this source of (mis)information as you are now claiming the Workington Town BOD are lying?

If I was H4E i would not believe his/her BOD, could it not be them telling porkies AGAIN , let me jog your memory my stick friend, how about the Matty signing ;) , are you still paying £100 for your seat :o what about ye £20 a month your BOD take out of accounts for ye gold scheme :wacko:. I think I know what BOD I would believe at the moment !
Just a question, are your BOD all Dopeland councillors :lol:

#38 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

What's it got to do with us for the respective BOD's to consult with us on a fans forum? It's for the two clubs to sort out.
Do you suffer from megalomania or something H4E? You cast all sorts of accusations without a shred of back up and don't even bother when your lies are shown for what they are and just plough on expecting to be believed. We have been told no date has yet been rejected but preferences have been exchanged, why don't you wait and see what has been agreed before you start with all the "It's Town's fault" blubbering. I used to have a bit of time for you on this forum as sometimes you used post as a rugby fan but your really no different from Choccy, at least he was up front with his bizarre hatred of all things 10 miles north of Beruit.

#39 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

If I was H4E i would not believe his/her BOD, could it not be them telling porkies AGAIN , let me jog your memory my stick friend, how about the Matty signing ;) , are you still paying £100 for your seat :o what about ye £20 a month your BOD take out of accounts for ye gold scheme :wacko:. I think I know what BOD I would believe at the moment !
Just a question, are your BOD all Dopeland councillors :lol:

It looks like some deluded fans have used the IS game debate to deflect things away from the the fact that their beloved club has conned money out of their supporters yet again. and the fact they'll be following a team with even fewer Cumbrians in it than last season.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#40 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

are you retarded? Do you think using this to point score against town is respectful towards Ikes good name? You utter moron. As for h4e, what a load of ###### you continually post, and none of it with any proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users