Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

"A" Team sheets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Swinton Lions Tales & More project will be ongoing, and over the next few months we hope to develop a web-site that will be second to none in the sporting world.

A complete "wikipedia" if you like of all things Swinton (including the town as well as the club).

I'm trying to co-ordinate items of memorabilia to feature on the web-site, and to this end I was wondering if anyone has any old "A" Team sheets that they would be willing to pass on? They're not valuable or particularly collectible, but nevertheless they are a record of part of our club's history.

Any era would be very welcome.

Similarly does anyone have any old season ticket books?

Cheers.

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've got a few in my collection Steve which you can have with pleasure. Mostly from the swingin' '60s priced 1d (one old penny).

#3 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

sounds brilliant!
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#4 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

www.swintonlionstales.co.uk

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Found them. They date from 1958 onwards. There are 28¾ of them. The "¾" is a Swinton A v Wigan A programme with the top bit missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users