Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AYRLA Vote Online For AYRLA Youth Program Grant Youth

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

#83 Today, 04:05 AM
Rhode Island Rebellion
Juniors

Re: Vote Online For AYRLA Youth Program Grant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys we currently have just under 5,000 votes.. if we can get to 8 thousand votes by Friday. I think we will get the grant.

Some Good news besides my vote pushing is that finally after 2 years I have gotten traction with the High School Rugby Union Team here in Rhode Island (which i helped found 13 years ago).

A bunch of the boys on the team are interested in volunteering with our youth programs. They attend an Irish Catholic High School so therefore they need to preform community service hours to Graduate.
So not only is this an opportunity to help expand our staff in our youth programs, but its also a great way to introduce Rugby League to a bunch of kids already playing Union at a decent level.
And hopefully get an u18 9s competition going this summer with these kids.

Thanks guys for your votes.Thought you may like to see this update.

#22 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for your votes.The voting closed today at 4AM.AEST.The AYRLA got a total of just over 7,000 and came third so should qualify for a loan.Will let you know the outcome when it is decided.

#23 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi Frank
I put in a few votes but tried to vote now. 29 November NZ and saw that the poll was closed. ??

#24 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hi Richard,Thanks for your support.In regard to the closing date, it was originaly thought that the closing date was Friday, but turned out to be Thursday,29.11. 4am.AEST.

#25 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

#10 Today, 10:16 AM
Rhode Island Rebellion
Juniors

Re: AYRLA Grant Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is Official, AYRLA has won the $5,000 in gas cards. This is great as it free's up funds for other things, additionally it can/will be used as incentives to increase the amount of volunteers which will in turn expand programming. Obviously the first use is to use them for transport.

Thanks to you guys that voted for the above.If it wasn't for your efforts this may not have been achieved.Frank.

Edited by frank, 05 January 2013 - 02:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users