Greg Eden

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Could be on his way to HKR by the looks of things, Someone at the Giants never learns.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#2 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Could be on his way to HKR by the looks of things, Someone at the Giants never learns.

I heard this the other day, what are the Giants board thinking of letting a young English talent go ? Great signing for Rovers if it came off.

#3 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Aye, it is definitely doing the rounds on the local radio and in the papers. I'd be very happy if this comes off but from what I understand he signed a 3-year deal with Huddersfield in May so would command a transfer fee, something we don't appear to be adverse in doing.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

SO how many clubs is that now for "the new Billy Slater?"

Over rated I'm afraid.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

His attacking ability is utterly brilliant, his ball handling lets him down all too often though

I can see him going on loan given we have a death of fullbacks

Still, makes a change from the rumours about all our other players going off elsewhere...personally, I'll wait till I read it from the clubs

#6 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

SO how many clubs is that now for "the new Billy Slater?"

Over rated I'm afraid.

I wouldn't claim he is a billy Slater or a Sam Tomkins but he is going to be a very good player , He does make mistakes ( not many dont ) but he is exciting to watch going forward, Imo it would be a bad mistake to let him go, he just needs time to settle his game, after all if we offloaded all the players who made mistakes from the second half of last season we would be left with about three.

#7 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Nathan Brown labeled him the next billy slater suprised hes not taken him to sts
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#8 Marty Funkhouser

Marty Funkhouser
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I heard this the other day, what are the Giants board thinking of letting a young English talent go ? Great signing for Rovers if it came off.

The sale of Eden and Walker to Rovers is as much to do with the desire of Mr Davy to cut down costs as much as anything and Rovers having plenty of cap space and funds from the sale of Green and Taylor to Wigan. The cash cow at Huddersfield is no more...

#9 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Id say its more to do with Huddersfield having plenty of fullbacks and no space for all of them...

#10 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Would be a great signing for Rovers. If prefer him over Shannon McDonnell personally.
Posted Image

#11 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Nathan Brown labeled him the next billy slater suprised hes not taken him to sts

Saints already have a fullback who can use his pace.

#12 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

The sale of Eden and Walker to Rovers is as much to do with the desire of Mr Davy to cut down costs as much as anything and Rovers having plenty of cap space and funds from the sale of Green and Taylor to Wigan. The cash cow at Huddersfield is no more...

I don't know about Eden, but I doubt that Adam Walker was on all that much at the Giants. He made 4 appearances and went out on loan to Swinton. He hasn't left because there's no room on the cap, he's gone because PA doesn't want him is my guess. After all, the Giants have gone out and signed every prop they could lay their hands on over the close season.

It would be a pity if Eden left. He's a terrific player when his confidence is up.

I don't know about this cash cow business. It's a rumour we hear a lot. As far as I am aware, KD has made provisions for the Giants in the future and the finances of the club will be in good shape for years to come.

That's me.  I'm done.

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I don't know about Eden, but I doubt that Adam Walker was on all that much at the Giants. He made 4 appearances and went out on loan to Swinton. He hasn't left because there's no room on the cap, he's gone because PA doesn't want him is my guess. After all, the Giants have gone out and signed every prop they could lay their hands on over the close season.

It would be a pity if Eden left. He's a terrific player when his confidence is up.

I don't know about this cash cow business. It's a rumour we hear a lot. As far as I am aware, KD has made provisions for the Giants in the future and the finances of the club will be in good shape for years to come.

The word is that Walker was offered a contract which he turned down, hoping for better terms elsewhere, eg at Cas. When that didn't materialise he/his agent went back to the club but the original offer was no longer available, so he took the road to Hull.

#14 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

That's pretty much what I was told on the Walker situation

#15 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Don't believe the Eden thing had much to do with cash, the Giants have offloaded some heavy earners lately, and if it was for money reasons there are a few players who should have gone before Eden, Great signing for HKR if true.
It's looking like Anderson is putting all his eggs in the forwards basket so to speak, he was a part of the massive pack at Bradford who battered every team before letting some talented backs loose, We did need some beef after last seasons fiasco but i hope there's a bit more to his thinking that battering up the middle, Eden will be a big loss, having said that youngsters have to be given a chance,before being expected to win games single handed, Probably N Brown did Eden no favors with his Slater talk,

#16 Jangling_Jack

Jangling_Jack
  • Coach
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Signed a four year deal today. Interestingly Huddersfield have an option to bring him back at the end of 2014 if they so desire.

http://www.giantsrl....-on-from-giants

#17 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

That is interesting
Giants using HKR as a development club lol

I am not sure it's a case of Anderson putting all into the forwards, more Grix moving back to fullback where he is much better at organising a defensive line and is a very good broken play runner and better under a high ball

With that in mind Eden is bumped to 3 rd choice fullback with Murphy able to provide more cover across the backline than Eden

Eden is a very exciting prospect and I hope he can kick on and realise that at HKR

#18 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

That isn't what Rovers are saying: http://www.hullkr.co...-robins-signing

It isn't too important though.

#19 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

That is interesting
Giants using HKR as a development club lol

I am not sure it's a case of Anderson putting all into the forwards, more Grix moving back to fullback where he is much better at organising a defensive line and is a very good broken play runner and better under a high ball

With that in mind Eden is bumped to 3 rd choice fullback with Murphy able to provide more cover across the backline than Eden

Eden is a very exciting prospect and I hope he can kick on and realise that at HKR

Well fullback is Grix's best position, Murphy also looks just as competent there, for me neither are in the same class as Eden who when he was making his mistakes had usually half the opposition bearing down on him after they had run over the top of our pack, early season when the pack was good Eden was excellent,

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I personally agree
A actually, with the caveat that Grix replaced Hodgson and did so admirably and that's no mean feat so I'm happy with Eden of Grix at the back, but Eden is for the future Grix is for now, if you know what I mean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users