Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Process of Elimination

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beacs

beacs
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just by chance does anyone else think that the Club that we will link up will be SALFORD REDS ???? ( as soon as they sort their own finances out )

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Looking at the coaching staff and the rumours about terracing etc, it does look the most likely outcome.

#3 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Just by chance does anyone else think that the Club that we will link up will be SALFORD REDS ???? ( as soon as they sort their own finances out )

NO!

#4 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Weren't there plans at one point for Salford and Oldham to merge?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#5 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Oldham and Salford were indeed part of the merger plans from Sky in the early days and it was vehemently opposed by both sets of supporters. It did cross my mind that Salford could be the club that we would be linked with but I hoped, and still hope not. I too believe that we should stand alone but I wonder if there is a carrot of some kind being offered to the clubs (or their Chairmen) to smooth the way through with this. If that is the case, then I fear that with the money problems a lot of the clubs must have, it is only a matter of time. One thought that did cross my mind is that there are not nearly enough SL clubs to link up with all the CH & CH1 clubs, so it will be interesting to see who remains independant at the end of this merry go round. Maybe, this is the next step in some bigger plan to end up with 2 divisions and go back to promotion and relegation. Let's hope that CH is strong enough to go it alone and look for the rewards that may bring in the long run.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#6 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Only one club would gain in the link up, and it wouldn't be Oldham.
Having past history on how Salford conduct their business over this neck of the woods, they should concentrate their efforts within their own 'city' walls.

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

theres now a facebook page for fans to voice their opposition to any move to become anyones feeder team.

http://www.facebook....=page_new_likes

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users