• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Hannan

Tony Hannan
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi all,

Rugby league broadcasting legends Eddie Waring and Mike 'Stevo' Stephenson have been nominated for a memorial bench in Dewsbury, alongside eight other worthy candidates.

"The Portrait Bench, part of a unique national public art project, is a simple bench with three life-size effigies of local characters chosen by you to represent the local culture and history. The bench will be installed along the new Dewsbury Greenway walking and cycling route which is part of Sustrans' national project bringing the National Cycle Network into the heart of communities across the UK."

If you'd like to vote for either or both, you can do so here

http://forms.kirklee...ame=kwnNuwp6dgt
Treasure the old. Embrace the new.

Visit the Shed

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Really hope the two legends Eddie and Stevo gets the vote,Next year marks 40 years anniversary of Dewsbury winning the championship,from 8th place if i remember right,beat that you Rhinos :P,so it would be fitting to go along with the other celebrations the club have planned.

#3 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

i just voted for them . cant do any harm and another visable sign of rugby league .

by the way dewsbury beat the LOINERS not the rhinos but hey thats in the past so i wont hold a grudge
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#4 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

i just voted for them . cant do any harm and another visable sign of rugby league .

by the way dewsbury beat the LOINERS not the rhinos but hey thats in the past so i wont hold a grudge

Just like yourself, they'll always be Loiners.. B), but weren't always Rhinos!

Edited by Bulliac, 14 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#5 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Here's the e-release from Dewsbury Rams

#6 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

We'll have Roy Boy on here soon demanding to know why Clive Sullivan hasn't been nominated.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

eddie waring really put the club on the map so to me he would be the obvious choice............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,687 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I voted for Stevo, Brian Robinson and Betty Boothroyd.

Bradford Northern had some excellent Dewsbury-bred players in the 1980's and 1990's ... Dave and Alan Redfearn, Jeff Grayshon, Nigel Stephenson, Deryck Fox and Roy Powell. They may have been Shaw Cross Boys graduates as well.

They all played for Great Britain.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

shaid malik, karen matthews and warren jowitt for me!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#10 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

We'll have Roy Boy on here soon demanding to know why Clive Sullivan hasn't been nominated.

Sorry to disappoint - I can't find a tenuous link for Clive with Dewsbury. ;) :(
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Sorry to disappoint - I can't find a tenuous link for Clive with Dewsbury. ;) :(

Jim Sullivan would be a better bet.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users