Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Floodlights

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

If you've got something to say, say it. Don't be telling lies and being to faced. People just don't like being exposed for what they are.

FB what lies has been told ? your comments get worse

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#22 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'll let you and Soss tell people that.

All I'm going to say on the topic of you 2 is the truth is out there and people will find out.

Now I shall leave it be and go and enjoy a couple of weeks in the sun.

#23 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Do you know what would be even better ?

People having the balls to post under their own name...............Thought not....

Edited by gary high, 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#24 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

To all you on the forum that havent got a clue but try to read between the lines

I recall the same idle chatter during 2010/2011 and whilst the lovers of that regime were saying stop having a go at the BoD the ship was sinking :angry: . you all went quiet very quick when it turned out the club was on its knees and yet only a few came to rescue the club from certain death.

If people make comments on here WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORKINGS OF THE CLUB then they MUST have reason and maybe its time that questions were asked instead of re burying your head once again into the sinking sand ;)

No offence Niel. But it seems that it is only you and Soss who are asking the questions. To everyday supporters the club is doing well. We had a good season. We had a report earlier on in the season that the club was working at a profit. The only thing wrong to me is that we need £100,000 for the new lights, but surely you can't blame the new BoD on that. Don't seem to know what all the fuss is about. Seems to me you 2 are just scare mongering or is it just sour grapes. If you feel something is wrong say something. Stop speaking in code. Spit it out.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#25 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I just ignore most of the rubbish, but youre right there are only a few of us left now.

#26 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

No offence Niel. But it seems that it is only you and Soss who are asking the questions. To everyday supporters the club is doing well. We had a good season. We had a report earlier on in the season that the club was working at a profit. The only thing wrong to me is that we need £100,000 for the new lights, but surely you can't blame the new BoD on that. Don't seem to know what all the fuss is about. Seems to me you 2 are just scare mongering or is it just sour grapes. If you feel something is wrong say something. Stop speaking in code. Spit it out.

Gary as you are aware when i was more involved i kept posting regular updates on here to keep people in the know. I dont want to scare munger and there is certainly no sour grapes as i continued to carry out the work i started even after the fiasco of the voting last year. My concern as always is that the club goes financialy forward but Its true that I am no longer involved with the club apart from the ongoing legal battle stemming from previous members from 2010. The truth should come from the BoD and the questions of how much has been raised by the various fundraising events held to date agaisnt what is required and what each member of the BoD has contributed to the club. The only way forward IMO is for the BoD to supply regular updates to the suporters on whats happening who is doing it and what the results are. There is no suprise to say that without certain membersof the current BoD the club would not exist.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#27 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Gary I would not continue to assist the club with the work behind the scenes that I am doing if it were sour grapes. I am not going to be lambasted for every comment I make by people who do not know what they are talking about ( FB and rooster). Yes I left the board for reasons I do not want to go into, however it was not for people disagreeing with me or me throwing my toys out of the cot but the complete opposite, people agreeing with me then taking no action. If you asked the majority of the board members they would tell you that.
I worry when I see statements regarding how we need to raise this amount and wonder how we are going to achieve it. Past fund raising has been at best unplanned and poorly executed in my opinion.

You could lose 5 or 6 from the board without the club being effected and I have said that from day 1. I keep reminding people that the club is a business and needs to be run like one. We have made a good start with Dave as chairman but how many businesses survive with 11 directors.
With that I'm not going to comment on here again and going to remove it from my computer. This forum has some idiots who try to suppress any opinion they disagree with and if you look back at my statements I think you would be hard pushed to find where I have actually slagged the board individually but just expressed my concern over certain things.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#28 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Sorry I mean to say fundraising by the BoD

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#29 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I understand that you and Neil have concerns. But its the way you go about it. Instead of talking in riddles just come out with it. The upcoming quiz night in December is holding a Q and A sesh with BoD. Come along and put your concerns forward. But don't forget to bring loads of money as we are auctioning a couple of players kits. Plus the beer you might drink!!!!

#30 tezza73

tezza73
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

When I posted the link to the Floodlights PDF, I did not expect the flurry of comments against D11 and soss.

The only reason was to provide members with an appreciation of the design criteria and decision making involved in installing Floodlights.

Apologies.

#31 tezza73

tezza73
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I understand that you and Neil have concerns. But its the way you go about it. 'Instead of talking in riddles just come out with it'. The upcoming quiz night in December is holding a Q and A sesh with BoD. Come along and put your concerns forward. But don't forget to bring loads of money as we are auctioning a couple of players kits. Plus the beer you might drink!!!!

No matter which forum you post on, you are accountable for the content of the post. More & more you see that there are cases brought against people who post messages, although it would appear to me that there is some smoke in Craven Park.

You know the saying, there is no smoke without fire. I do not believe that things are as Rosey as people are led to believe. When Alan Stoker called the meeting last year and we voted on the BoD, we were promised transparency. That word's meaning must have changed in the Collin's Oxford Dictionary, I thought it meant openness, being candid about the affairs of Barrow RLFC.

I wonder how many members of the BoD will be present at the quiz night?

#32 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

If supporters can cast there minds back to the time Alan Tucker was Chairman and it's not so long ago. Alan used to put a regular newsletter on this Forum and I know it was appreciated by a lot of supporters. This happened after a great many Board meetings. Major and not so major decisions were summarised.

There are various matters which are discussed and cannot for different reasons be disclosed on a public Forum. Into this category would come details of players contracts and negotiations with players yet to be signed. There are other matters which the directors feel must be kept 'in house'. There are,however,a number of matters which could be shown in a newsletter and this would give supporters a better view of the state of the Club and show some transparency.

I know this is a very difficult subject and supporters and officers of the Club do not realise how difficult until they become members of the BOD.

Posted Image

#33 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Its obviously going to be hard to find a correct balance of transparancy though. Adam Pearson was criticised the other week for being too open about matters at hull fc. Maybe a post a month would be helpful and explanations behind some decisions. People full on having a go at eachother regarding the BOD isn't going to make things easier for them. Its been imposoble to post on here in the last few months because of heated posts and bitching. We all went the best for the club surely? People should suggest their ideas and put them forward and people should constructivley say their view on certain subjects but personal jibes at eachother shouldn't be on the forum, as it doesn't really solve anything.

#34 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Its obviously going to be hard to find a correct balance of transparancy though. Adam Pearson was criticised the other week for being too open about matters at hull fc. Maybe a post a month would be helpful and explanations behind some decisions. People full on having a go at eachother regarding the BOD isn't going to make things easier for them. Its been imposoble to post on here in the last few months because of heated posts and bitching. We all went the best for the club surely? People should suggest their ideas and put them forward and people should constructivley say their view on certain subjects but personal jibes at eachother shouldn't be on the forum, as it doesn't really solve anything.

bitches cant help bitching

#35 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

No matter which forum you post on, you are accountable for the content of the post. More & more you see that there are cases brought against people who post messages, although it would appear to me that there is some smoke in Craven Park.

You know the saying, there is no smoke without fire. I do not believe that things are as Rosey as people are led to believe. When Alan Stoker called the meeting last year and we voted on the BoD, we were promised transparency. That word's meaning must have changed in the Collin's Oxford Dictionary, I thought it meant openness, being candid about the affairs of Barrow RLFC.

I wonder how many members of the BoD will be present at the quiz night?

Just had word from David Sharp and members of the board will be present at the Xmas Quiz night.
Not sure how many yet as its depends on what protective clothing is available :)
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#36 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

When I posted the link to the Floodlights PDF, I did not expect the flurry of comments against D11 and soss.

The only reason was to provide members with an appreciation of the design criteria and decision making involved in installing Floodlights.

Apologies.

Please don't apologise as now that Jamie is on holiday for two weeks we can have a debate regards the bod...I'm sure that Neil and myself would turn up at any question and answer session should we be invited. Do not get me wrong there are some good people on the board but there are more who achieve absolutely nothing...if any of the board want to contest this I will give my own opinion of each and everyone of you..I honestly thought twice about posting this but then I know you have watched the two of us been slagged off without defending us..so it comes to pass as they say. The truth is out there....

Edited by soss, 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#37 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Please don't apologise as now that Jamie is on holiday for two weeks we can have a debate regards the bod...I'm sure that Neil and myself would turn up at any question and answer session should we be invited. Do not get me wrong there are some good people on the board but there are more who achieve absolutely nothing...if any of the board want to contest this I will give my own opinion of each and everyone of you..I honestly thought twice about posting this but then I know you have watched the two of us been slagged off without defending us..so it comes to pass as they say. The truth is out there....

Jamie????? And everyone is invited.

#38 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

FB I'm reliably informed.....sorry I was going to remove this but obviously too late for that..hate posting in drink.

Edited by soss, 18 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#39 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Believe me its not Jamie. For one thing he's not on holiday

#40 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Ah well not that reliably informed...lol