Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fixture clash

ncl final or county match

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

i see theres 2 matches being played on sunday at the same/ similar time. ncl grand final and the barla county tri series match between yorkshire and cumbria. also think the community lions u18s play in scotland. surely the ncl grand final should be a stand alone fixture.

cumbria and yorkshire are bound to be weaker with a none selection of myton and wath brow players and also think a couple of players from wath brow represent the u18s community lions.

is this right that the matches clash and also depriving the players of representative honours as theyre surely gonna pick their clubs in the final than play elsewhere. politics again maybe?

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Sheer stupidity , The NCL game must take priority and the the county game put back a week its not rocket sceince again its the players who are not being considered .
No wonder our game is in a mess .

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Have the county championships been in the same period of the year all the time? If so the NCL/RFL should have arranged their final around the county championship, either way it should never happen, but I'm surprised the RFL have not introduced a mens county championship, or is this fixture clash just an excuse to start and operate their own?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Daft scheduling for the Barla comp but not surprising. NCL Grand Final has been in the calendar all year

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Daft scheduling for the Barla comp but not surprising. NCL Grand Final has been in the calendar all year

I can appreciate the NCL final being in the calendar all year but was the county champinship as well?

If the county championships have been played at the same time every year for years is it not NCL arrogance to expect BARLA to reschedule one of their competitions around what I'd call a none BARLA league.

#6 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

When were the fixtures announced? It's not up to anybody to assume they will be the same as last year?

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

When were the fixtures announced? It's not up to anybody to assume they will be the same as last year?

I understand that and it is a farce, but did the NCL consult with BARLA? " I doubt it"

#8 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

...... and you wouldn't consider the other way round would you? You really need to get a life, you are turning into the forum buffoon..
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#9 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

To be fair everyone is on a learning curve - this is the first time that the 'business ' end of the NCL season has occured in November but the timetable was out last January so maybe it should have been picked up at Barla before their dates , which are always flexible , were announced.

Playing the County games in Dec - Feb would have allowed full choice to the selectors. Assuming Marauder they want to continue to pick the bulk of their squads from what you describe as a non Barla League...... :)

Hopefully Barla will already be forward planning for next year , when presumably they will have to take that winter slot anyway given the schedule for the 2013 World Cup......

#10 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

To be fair everyone is on a learning curve - this is the first time that the 'business ' end of the NCL season has occured in November but the timetable was out last January so maybe it should have been picked up at Barla before their dates , which are always flexible , were announced.

Playing the County games in Dec - Feb would have allowed full choice to the selectors. Assuming Marauder they want to continue to pick the bulk of their squads from what you describe as a non Barla League...... :)

Hopefully Barla will already be forward planning for next year , when presumably they will have to take that winter slot anyway given the schedule for the 2013 World Cup......

Don't think so somehow, they will just carry on in their usual manner regardless of what is going on around them. This debate has been around since time began, and I can't see it ending either. :rolleyes:

Edited by barbara henderson, 14 November 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Firstly I'm not going to get into the politics of who is or is not a BARLA club or even what could be the next move or confrontation that will allow the RFL to organise their owm MANS County championship run by the NCL (I'm sure that will be well into the planning stage by now) B)

The problem seems to be that the some people seem to think that BARLA should function everything around the NCL, I'm sure your well aware that December is full of local and Yorkshire cup games and at the end of January the BARLA national cup games will begin.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

...... and you wouldn't consider the other way round would you? You really need to get a life, you are turning into the forum buffoon..

Why should BARLA consult the NCL about a BARLA competition arranged around the BARLA timetable?

#13 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Why should BARLA consult the NCL about a BARLA competition arranged around the BARLA timetable?

If its a BARLA Rep Team, why are non BARLA players being selected then? I'm not expecting a rational explanation, as you use only seem to use the "NCL is not part of BARLA argument" when it suits

Its a two way street for organising the fixtures. With one fixture list out first, before the other the simplest way around this would be alter the other slightly, it's the rigidness of BARLA and some of their supporters that will be the downfall of that organisation

#14 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Firstly I'm not going to get into the politics of who is or is not a BARLA club or even what could be the next move or confrontation that will allow the RFL to organise their owm MANS County championship run by the NCL (I'm sure that will be well into the planning stage by now) B)

The problem seems to be that the some people seem to think that BARLA should function everything around the NCL, I'm sure your well aware that December is full of local and Yorkshire cup games and at the end of January the BARLA national cup games will begin.

Sorry Marauder but you started it with your throw away ' non Barla League ' jibe..

The consequence of accepting that view could be that Barla should only pick from 'their own ' playing leagues..

And some would agree with you that that yes Barla should not function anything around the NCL - but go one step further and say they should leave those clubs and their players out of the equation altogether.....

Won't happen in a month of sundays.....so Barla will just have to be more accomodating / innovative in their planning.

And finally , sorry for suggesting that a County match should ever get in the way of a local cup competition........... :(

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

If its a BARLA Rep Team, why are non BARLA players being selected then? I'm not expecting a rational explanation, as you use only seem to use the "NCL is not part of BARLA argument" when it suits

Its a two way street for organising the fixtures. With one fixture list out first, before the other the simplest way around this would be alter the other slightly, it's the rigidness of BARLA and some of their supporters that will be the downfall of that organisation

I've never said the NCL are not part of BARLA have I? Ido not hide the fact that the NCL are fully in bed with the RFL now and to be truthful I don't see why they continute to be members unless it is politics.

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Sorry Marauder but you started it with your throw away ' non Barla League ' jibe..

The consequence of accepting that view could be that Barla should only pick from 'their own ' playing leagues..

And some would agree with you that that yes Barla should not function anything around the NCL - but go one step further and say they should leave those clubs and their players out of the equation altogether.....

Won't happen in a month of sundays.....so Barla will just have to be more accomodating / innovative in their planning.

And finally , sorry for suggesting that a County match should ever get in the way of a local cup competition........... :(

Come on Peter, the NCL will not let anything get in the way of their fixtures, even professinal Intenationals have had to take a back seat and this IMO could be one of the NCL strengths.

#17 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

At the last calender group meeting there was no representative from the NCL so you can see how fixtures clash , my point was and still is, it is easier to move a county match than a cup final and the players must be given the opportunity to be able to play in both we are here for the players or am i missing something ?

#18 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Any truth in the rumour that if you don't play for your county that you cant play for GB?

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Any truth in the rumour that if you don't play for your county that you cant play for GB?

No but you can go on a 10 day holiday and play one game against a country that does not qualify to play Internationals :D

#20 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

IMO there are far to many local cups.