Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sonny Bill Williams rubs salt in the wound he gave the NRL

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Not missing the point at all. Its just that the point you're making is completely ridiculous. The man is a professional sportsman who plays whatever and wherever for the most amount of money on offer. That's life.

Now ask yourself this - who is the biggest fool in all this ? The man who will no doubt earn megabucks for playing a sport he seems not to be that bothered about, or the people who are prepared to pay him that money in the full knowledge of his history and attitude ? Its absolutely stupid to criticise Williams for it, he's been upfront about his priorities and if a club is still prepared to invest considerable time and money in him then that's hardly his fault.

Well said.

#42 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,616 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well said.

What do you mean well said? You were claiming it was because he had played RU a few replies ago.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#43 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,616 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Not missing the point at all. Its just that the point you're making is completely ridiculous. The man is a professional sportsman who plays whatever and wherever for the most amount of money on offer. That's life.

Now ask yourself this - who is the biggest fool in all this ? The man who will no doubt earn megabucks for playing a sport he seems not to be that bothered about, or the people who are prepared to pay him that money in the full knowledge of his history and attitude ? Its absolutely stupid to criticise Williams for it, he's been upfront about his priorities and if a club is still prepared to invest considerable time and money in him then that's hardly his fault.

But most objectors are saying that's exactly what's wrong: the fact the NRL have ok'd the move, not the fact that he has taken up the offer.

#44 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Can someone dig out Sonny Bill's international record in rugby league? Did he ever win a game? And he can't be arsed with the World Cup? Horrible git.

Edited by ArmchairRhino, 17 November 2012 - 10:45 AM.

There's no dignity in plastic seats

#45 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I wonder what he has got against RL?he was brought up with the game wasn't he?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,616 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I wonder what he has got against RL?he was brought up with the game wasn't he?

He's perfectly entitled to prefer RU or boxing. That's not the issue.

It's whether the NRL bods should have pandered to his demands or said 'this is how it is, take it or leave it'. Personally I'd hold my breath until he said RL was the bestest ever.

#47 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

He's perfectly entitled to prefer RU or boxing. That's not the issue.

It's whether the NRL bods should have pandered to his demands or said 'this is how it is, take it or leave it'. Personally I'd hold my breath until he said RL was the bestest ever.

of course he is yes,but I have not heard or read his interview,but it looks like he has deliberately used it to dis RL
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#48 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm not sure what people expect of Money Bill. Surely he'd be a hypocrite if he proclaimed his love for RL after the way he left last time? I'm not a fan of him as a person, but at least he's honest about his motives, it's the Roosters who are dumb in making the offer.

#49 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,356 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Its absolutely stupid to criticise Williams for it, he's been upfront about his priorities and if a club is still prepared to invest considerable time and money in him then that's hardly his fault.

Yes the Doggies really knew he was going to walk out after 1 year after signing a 5 year deal! Williams wasnt upfront then was he? And the way he makes it sound a chore or doing everybody a favour coming back is a sleight on our game not on the club that signed him. And the rubbish Williams spouted about Willy Mason after he left the doggies is unreal when you look at Williams attitude and how he did things.http://www.dailytele...9-1111115807217 He claims he lost all respect for Mason. Well many people lost all respect for Williams with all that he said and then walked out not even telling his teammates or the club.

Roosters are badly run and make stupid decisions. No wonder they are desperate to sign a mercenary. But the NRL have the right to veto a contract or player if it is not in order. The Williams deal has all been done under the table and on handshakes. His Manager is not accepted by the NRL as he hasnt agreed to certain conditions. And the rubbish that Williams said that a handshake should be honoured. Well so should a contract you have signed. To ###### off without telling anybody including your closest teammates is not on. Whether the Doggies had him on a good or poor deal he agreed to it and signed. To then get upset and walkout is not on. A sports carreer is not long but its something that can bring many other benefits and one which Williams has benefiited from among many others. The way he acts and talks is a person who really doesnt want to be in League and I hope he is a massive failure just for that. If your hearts not in it be honest and say so. Dont just come back and go on about honouring a handshake agreement when you have broken written contracts in the past. I dont care if he wanted to play Union or if he wants to come back. Thats not the issue I have. The issue is what I have stated and how he just feels that the game and others should accept him and that he can do what he wants when he wants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users