Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hawks Make Changes To Coaching Staff

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

The club welcomes Jonny Wainhouse and Nigel Bondswell to the club click here for more

Posted Image

#2 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Good to see Jonny join us. Worked with him for years when I was doing education work with the Rhino's. Never could fault his enthusiasm and infectious motivational skills. Also not a bad player! :rolleyes: :D :D :rolleyes: PS Will he bring PD with him?? (Paul Daley).

Edited by Normy, 21 November 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#3 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Yes a welcome back to JOHN WAINHOUSE a person I have a lot of time for as a player and as a coach. He should bring a new lease of life to our coaching team who at times last season were very disappointing (ALL 4 of them.)

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yes a welcome back to JOHN WAINHOUSE a person I have a lot of time for as a player and as a coach. He should bring a new lease of life to our coaching team who at times last season were very disappointing (ALL 4 of them.)

Very disappointing in what way Frisky?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

1 - we never played the same team in consecutive games
2- no visable change in our style of play from the previous season.
3- lack of tactics- eg-- home game against Keighley- we all know that Barnett is weak under a high ball, but we never put a high kick to his wing..
4- failure to solve our halfback, and goalkicking problems by only recruiting cast offs from other clubs..
my verdict on last season--
HIST 10 out of 10
coaching and playing squad 2 out of 10--- could do better.

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

1 - we never played the same team in consecutive games Injuries played a massive part in that.
2- no visable change in our style of play from the previous season. Was always going to be hard loosing March, Grimshaw, Pryce, Sullivan, also loosing Welham all of the season and having to play make shift halfbacks all year.
3- lack of tactics- eg-- home game against Keighley- we all know that Barnett is weak under a high ball, but we never put a high kick to his wing.. Wasnt at that game so cant comment on that particular game.
4- failure to solve our halfback, and goal kicking problems by only recruiting cast offs from other clubs.. Nothing to do with the coaching staff, if Barry has got no money then what is he supposed to do, Grimshaw was lost for the season and all the playing budget had gone, we did well infact to get players in on loan.
my verdict on last season-- And your entitled to it Barry.
HIST 10 out of 10 Thanks Barry, but you still havtn joined, do we need to get to 11 out of 10 for you to join?
coaching and playing squad 2 out of 10--- could do better. Dont agree with a 2, lowest budget in RL apart from Gateshead and London Skolars, so to finish NOT bottom of the league was a tremendous result, especially when you compare what York spent compared to us, and lets not forget we was only ONE less win than the previous season where Paul March had nearly double Baz budget, so i think it was at least a 6 based on the facts no money, injuries etc.

But that's gone now, 2013 is a new start, and im excited about the new season, as we all should be! I look forward to receiving your HIST membership Barry, if you need any assistance in joining let me know il be only too happy to help.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'm not sure why you are bringing York's budget into your argument like they are throwing millions around.

York might have spent a bit more than Hunslet last year, but it certainly won't have been my much.

Looking at the 2013 squad it looks as though York saved 2012's budget and spent it there instead!
Posted Image

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

As media manager you should be more concerned about the leak on our Forum header page which names 2 of the Rhinos lads who will be joining us.

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'm not sure why you are bringing York's budget into your argument like they are throwing millions around.

York might have spent a bit more than Hunslet last year, but it certainly won't have been my much.

Looking at the 2013 squad it looks as though York saved 2012's budget and spent it there instead!

Just trying to make a point Gav, I know it was considerably more, but thats by the by, its gone, im not really concerned about Yorks budget, that's their business, and fair play to the people putting in the money at York and the fans who contribute to the squadbuilder to sign the players they have for last season and this, but it is a good comparison to use when trying to get the point across that last season wasn't all that bad when you deal in the facts.

Looking at the squad this year id question if someone in York has won the lottery? :D

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Just trying to make a point Gav, I know it was considerably more, but thats by the by, its gone, im not really concerned about Yorks budget, that's their business, and fair play to the people putting in the money at York and the fans who contribute to the squadbuilder to sign the players they have for last season and this, but it is a good comparison to use when trying to get the point across that last season wasn't all that bad when you deal in the facts.

Looking at the squad this year id question if someone in York has won the lottery? :D

Fair enough mate, I know the point you're trying to make.

And if only...!
Posted Image

#11 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

As media manager you should be more concerned about the leak on our Forum header page which names 2 of the Rhinos lads who will be joining us.

Dont know what your talking about?

#12 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

when you click onto the Hunslet heading for the Forums it names 2 of the players even though there is no report on this..

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

when you click onto the Hunslet heading for the Forums it names 2 of the players even though there is no report on this..

Thats because Gav's, sticking his nose in Frisky, he should'nt av put it on......

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thats because Gav's, sticking his nose in Frisky, he should'nt av put it on......

Sticking my nose in? How rude...

:D
Posted Image

#15 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I can't find anywhere that names players
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#16 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

i posted last night that i had read this as well and seems to have been removed.lol.

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Until the club put out an OFFICIAL press release on anything regarding the club then take anything posted on here as not being true.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 22 November 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Until the club put out an OFFICIAL press release on anything regarding the club then take anything posted on here as not being true.

What even when public school boy love rugby puts it on,it should'nt av been put on Gaz , if he's in the reporting game he should know better than to be posting stuff.......

#19 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I agree with what Blackpool said-- BUT the names were there for anyone to read, thanks Rodley for confirming this.
I was given these names in confidence several weeks ago, so HIST should ask for a explanation from RL Forums as to how these appeared -- if it was someone playing silly b****** they should be named and shamed. --.Neither club has released the names yet.

apologies for the under lining which appeared by magic.

#20 reggahs

reggahs
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I was given these names in confidence several weeks ago

other than trying to show off, what has that got to with anything?

Edited by reggahs, 22 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users