Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League Magic Weekend returning to Manchester

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Newcastle for me. Great city, great stadium, great folk. There's a small RL presence which can only be helped.

Don't know why it hasnt been used yet.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#42 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Newcastle for me. Great city, great stadium, great folk. There's a small RL presence which can only be helped.

Don't know why it hasnt been used yet.

I personally think Newcastle would be the biggest gamble yet.

I'd love to visit the stadium and I quite like the city for a night out, but I don't see anything that would drag my family to Newcastle for this event. They attended Manchester for the day out and it was close, and they attended Edinburgh as it is a real tourist city. Newcastle isn't this and is quite some distance for many fans.

#43 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I personally think Newcastle would be the biggest gamble yet.

I'd love to visit the stadium and I quite like the city for a night out, but I don't see anything that would drag my family to Newcastle for this event. They attended Manchester for the day out and it was close, and they attended Edinburgh as it is a real tourist city. Newcastle isn't this and is quite some distance for many fans.

A gamble maybe but with a decent push could match the crowds in Cardiff or Edinburgh. Its only an hour or so away from Yorkshire and maybe 2 from Lancs.
As for tourists, yeah its not #1 but there's enough to warrant a weekend.

#44 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,083 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

A gamble maybe but with a decent push could match the crowds in Cardiff or Edinburgh. Its only an hour or so away from Yorkshire and maybe 2 from Lancs.
As for tourists, yeah its not #1 but there's enough to warrant a weekend.

Decent rail links too - mainline and otherwise.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#45 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Decent rail links too - mainline and otherwise.

Yeah. AND the stadium is in the city centre.

#46 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Made up that they have taken my approach to the fixtures! Might make the effort this year after all, after deciding last week I probably couldn;t due to the World Cup and costs!

#47 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Good fixtures this year, all appear pretty even at this point. Really enjoyed last year, aided by the best weather of the year, so cant wait for this year!

#48 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yes,I agree they have a decent balance this time between derbies and competitive games.Ideally,I would have liked to see the usual London/Catalan game broken up,but you can't have everything.

Think there is a big problem in Newcastle over the quantity of hotel rooms and the number of quality hotels for the teams/admin/press/broadcasters etc.

#49 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

To be fair, a cracking fixture list with enough clout to get people in.

Thank goodness they haven't messed with the deadly rivalry of London and Catalans though!
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users