Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

VICE PRESIDENTS SCHEME

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 D11 WNK

D11 WNK
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

SEE THE BARROW RAIDERS WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS REGARDING THE VICE PRESIDENTS SCHEME

#2 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

It's a great idea hope it takes off. Always liked this one..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#3 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Its a great idea.If it takes off it could pay for the lights itself Looks good for all the business people of the town. Getting quite a lot for their money. Could we not introduce a semi vice president scheme for the people who can't afford £3000. Just a thought thats all
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Its a great idea.If it takes off it could pay for the lights itself Looks good for all the business people of the town. Getting quite a lot for their money. Could we not introduce a semi vice president scheme for the people who can't afford £3000. Just a thought thats all

A vice vice president Livo....hmmmm cant beat a bit of vice or 2 :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Just an idea, but how about raffling one of these tickets at say £2 a shot and once we have sold 1,500 tickets (£3,000) a winner is drawn, if successful nothing stopping it being an on going raffle. May take a month, two or three wouldn't really matter just drawn once we have collected the value of the ticket. I would certainly buy one or two tickets at each game.

#6 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Good idea that Penno,it will give somebody a chance to win that maybe cannot afford £3000!

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I like the idea personally of a big raffle. Have the prize as 20% of the amount of money raised. If you keep it going all season take it too away games ect keep advertising it will build up pretty quickly, you can then use the big prize which would of been built up over the season to sell more and more. Then do the draw at the last home game of the season.

#8 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I personally Like both ideas.
i cant afford the current 3000 but if i could i would definately be signing up.
i would definitely by a ticket each game and am sure many other people would join in this process.
we could even consider selling the tickets ourselves via work etc if coordinated properly.
this Could create a lot of interest and much needed revenue...
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#9 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Barrow RFC Vice President Scheme (Cost is £3,000 including VAT)

For their £3,000 donation each person will receive the following benefits.
  • The title of Barrow RFC Vice President – names to be permanently displayed in the Lewthwaite Suite or other suitable location.
  • A 10 Year Season Ticket (Current Value (£1,500).
  • A £50 Voucher each year for 10 Years to spend in the Club Shop (Current Value £500).
  • Use of a Hospitality Box for up to 10 persons for two matches during their 10 year membership (Current Value £700).
  • Match Sponsor for one match during their 10 year membership (Current Value £300 and includes meal and match tickets for four persons, match programmes and much more.)
  • A Barrow Raiders rugby ball signed by the first team squad each year during their 10 year membership.
  • A Barrow RFC Limited Edition “Vice President” tie.
  • A Barrow RFC Limited Edition “Vice President” lapel badge.
  • A signed and framed team photograph featuring themselves each year for 10 years. All Vice Presidents to be on the same photograph.
  • A designated seat in the main stand for every game.
  • An invitation to the Match Day Hospitality Room as a guest of the Board of Directors on at least one occasion per season for 10 years. This will be done as many times as practicable given the restraints we have on space.
A Vice President’s package may be purchased from the rugby shop at any time and will run for ten years from the date the offer is taken up.

Edited by southsider, 16 November 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#10 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

a cracking idea this, i would jump at a chance like this at haven

#11 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

• The title of Barrow RFC Vice President – names to be permanently displayed in the Lewthwaite Suite or other suitable location.
  • A £50 Voucher each year for 10 Years to spend in the Club Shop (Current Value £500).
  • Use of a Hospitality Box for up to 10 persons for two matches during their 10 year membership (Current Value £700).
  • Match Sponsor for one match during their 10 year membership (Current Value £300 and includes meal and match tickets for four persons, match programmes and much more.)
  • A Barrow Raiders rugby ball signed by the first team squad each year during their 10 year membership.
  • A signed and framed team photograph featuring themselves each year for 10 years. All Vice Presidents to be on the same photograph.
  • An invitation to the Match Day Hospitality Room as a guest of the Board of Directors on at least one occasion per season for 10 years. This will be done as many times as practicable given the restraints we have on space.
A Vice President’s package may be purchased from the rugby shop at any time and will run for ten years from the date the offer is taken up.

Wish York had something like this.

#12 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I agree with Livo. £3000 may stretch a lot of people. How about a ten year season ticket only, (no other perks)
for £1200. ( £1000 for seniors )
I am sure it would get a lot of interest.

#13 benji27

benji27
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Good idea kev

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Outstanding idea, obviously can't afford it myself but if I had the money I'd certainly buy one.

#15 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Good idea kev

I wonder who you are benji27 ? lol. congrats on your first post.

#16 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I agree with Livo. £3000 may stretch a lot of people. How about a ten year season ticket only, (no other perks)
for £1200. ( £1000 for seniors )
I am sure it would get a lot of interest.

Ten year season ticket sounds good. I know a lot of people who still couldn't afford the £1200 in one go. Why couldn't the club introduce some kind of savings club to pay for the ticket. But they only have till the end of the season coming. That way money is being generated for the lights. That way they would have a 10 year season ticket for the 2014 season.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#17 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Can we set up a 10 year payment plan?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

The raffle idea is brilliant nice 1 Penno, so is the idea of a 10 year seson ticket Southsider, the board should consider both these ideas very seriously.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#19 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Can we set up a 10 year payment plan?

A 10 year payment plan would take away the point oif the excercise as the idea is to bring cash into the coffers now

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#20 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Is there any nicely printed leaflets with all the details on regarding the "THE VICE PRESIDENTS SCHEME" which could be dropped through letter boxes of businesses in Cumbria. Not everyone goes on the forum or the Raiders website..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users