Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

VICE PRESIDENTS SCHEME

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

A 10 year payment plan would take away the point oif the excercise as the idea is to bring cash into the coffers now

But couldn't such payments be used as collateral against any potential loans required to do the work?

#22 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I wouldn't have thought barrows credit rating would be good enough to get a loan after the last few years..I don't know though as the finance director would have to tell you that.
I thought about this scheme last night and I have been a great supporter of it when it was first mentioned at the beginning of the year, however I just hope that it doesn't pull the main sponsors money from one pot to another and this would be additional to shirt or player sponsorship. I know if I was looking at it as a sponsor I would think about doing the Vice President scheme instead of a shirt sponsorship. I'm sure the BoD have considered this and maybe that's why it's announced now and not earlier.

I'm sure that if you are looking for a bespoke deal to suit yourself just see Keith Holt, tell him what you want and how much you have to spend and he will tell you if the club can do it. I have a package in mind for this year that I will ask about next time I see him if he can do it great if he can't then a compromise will have to be found....Simples....lol

As for buying this deal over 10 years the whole idea is that the money comes in straight away or at least over the season (assumption on my part) if you want a bargain every year buy the early bird season ticket.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#23 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

But couldn't such payments be used as collateral against any potential loans required to do the work?

I think Oracles post 17 was tongue in cheek,

#24 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

The Vice President scheme is a good idea. now all we need to know is ;

Who is running with it
When does it start
What is the target
Who will supply the updates and how often

Otherwise the start of the season will be here with little to show

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#25 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Who is running with it- The Bod
When does it start- This Season (now)
What is the target- As much as possible
Who will supply the updates and how often- Don't know, probably the BoD
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#26 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Who is running with it- The Bod
When does it start- This Season (now)
What is the target- As much as possible
Who will supply the updates and how often- Don't know, probably the BoD

Thanks Gary at least a none BoD member with conections at the ground CAN reply.

Just a note on your replys

I would doubt very much that the whole of the BoD will be running it, more likely the usual guys
When does it start, wel if we have had people buying them already then great lets get some numbers advertised weekly that will encourage others
As for the target, "as much as possible is a stupid reply IMO" you could end up with 100 or even 200 vice presidents and if you read the web site then what they are advertised to get would be difficult to acheive so again IMO a set agreed limit on numbers should be set
and also remember this may improve cashflow now but has to be atractive to those purchasing so long term it could take money out of the coffers

Despite the above i am still in favour and say good luck to the members that are running with it :)

Edited by D11, 21 November 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#27 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

A 10 year payment plan would take away the point oif the excercise as the idea is to bring cash into the coffers now

Its called being ironic !

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#28 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Irony...some say our club is skint...I say we buy another one...

I crave attention but I'd prefere not to call attention to the fact...

They say obesity is the new smoking but I will bet they have a hard time banning it from restaurants....

You never know how much someone cares until you see how badly you can hurt them...

Lol

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#29 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Irony...

One mans financial crisis is another mans " I told you so"

#30 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood...

#31 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Change it to Philosophy

"do nothing and nothing will happen"
"if it needs fixing then fix it"
"if it works then leave well alone"