getting from Cardiff to hull for the world cup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hello one of the player's dad's in my team is organising a trip over for the world cup, it'll be around 12 people, they are French supporters and would like to know the best way or if it would be possible to go to the opening game in Cardiff then get to hull for the Papua France game the next day, they're staying in bristol and will fly back from Leeds after the French game, all help much appreciated,

#2 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well National Rail Enquires suggest it would take a bit over 6 hours to get from Bristol to Hull on a Sunday morning. First train is at 0740 getting in 1325, whihc aought to be early enough. That's this year, the timetable will be revised by next year so they couldn't buy tickets this far out.

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

With the curse of weekend engineering works, I'd be wary of the rail network on a Sunday.

#4 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for your replies,

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

We faced the reverse dilemma for games at the Millennium Stadium. Best bet is hire a mini bis whilst they're here. You should be able to sort one one way I would imagine.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

With the curse of weekend engineering works, I'd be wary of the rail network on a Sunday.

Yes, that familiar sinking feeling when you see the words 'replacement bus service'.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#7 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

We faced the reverse dilemma for games at the Millennium Stadium. Best bet is hire a mini bis whilst they're here. You should be able to sort one one way I would imagine.

Would also be much cheaper ;)

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Would also be much cheaper ;)

But don't do what we did, let Roy organise it and end up with a bus with a bloody speed limiter of about 60mph.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the k.o. times for the matches are going to be announced, because if the opening ceremony and games are in the afternoon I might be able to make them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users