Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

and the opening ' band' at the new Leeds Arena is..

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I believe it is Bon jovi that will be thirst band to play there

Polie you can come with me,blackhawk and blackpool to night school for spelling lessons and after we go to the pub to quench are first :D :D

#22 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Funny enough i saw a tribute band bon jiovi at the roscoe last night, they were pretty good.
Posted Image

#23 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Funny enough i saw a tribute band bon jiovi at the roscoe last night, they were pretty good.

Great venue the Roscoe

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#24 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Great venue the Roscoe

The Duchess was spot on as a venue, a lot of small bands played there before they made it (oasis,Nirvana,Del Amitri,Quireboys) and bands that had made it played as well,Status Quo played not long before it shut,Snowy white,Steve Marriott (Small Faces) and many more,John Keenan was the man who got the bands on there and his still pulling the strings at the Roscoe,and to finish the night off at the Duchess,a kebab shop next door......good times.............A glass fronted shops there now BOSS i think........

#25 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Mine and Robbos favourite The Smyths used to play there a lot, class Smiths tribute band, now moved up to Brundell, Seen Bad Manners there a few times too, you get all the best tribute acts there, Beautiful Southmartins etc.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#26 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Mine and Robbos favourite The Smyths used to play there a lot, class Smiths tribute band, now moved up to Brundell, Seen Bad Manners there a few times too, you get all the best tribute acts there, Beautiful Southmartins etc.

Yeh thats it now Gaz Tribute bands,not that i'm against them but i think bands that write there own stuff have been lost,hardly any about nowadays,a few months ago Sid went to see a Chubby Brown tribute act at the Miggy Conny club,whats that all about..........i would have thought a tribute act was those who are dead or not perfoming no more,but i've had good times watching tribute acts and a sore head the next morning B)

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

My live venue gig guide to Leeds 1, The Brudenall- best venue by a mile 2 The Cockpit - a bit small but decent easy to get to and good parking 3 The Wardrobe - decent sound but dont get enough bands imo 4 The Roscoe - out of the way and even though they get great tribute bands struggle to get punters through the door, a shame because it deserves more. 5 O2 Academy- a big venue with big names but you pay for it... 6 Refectory Leeds Uni - not been much apart from Half Man Half Biscuit last year so hard to comment 7 The Fenton, Pack Horse, Primrose too small s hit holes Not one venue in South Leeds you notice!
Posted Image

#28 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Cross Keys up Morley(near Asda) seem to do a decent pub scene for bands,Duck n Drakes not bad for bands on a smaller scale.......Went down to The Eigar Music Studio last week,rehearsal and sound recording,plus a small staged area and a room that holds 1,000 people for raves and such,bar as well,i did'nt even know it was there,only found out about 2 months ago,my mate went to see about repairing one of there PA's.........its at the bottom of Dewsbury road,where the Craven Gate was (other end).........

Edited by Blackbeard, 20 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#29 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Was talking to Graham the other week and The Smyths will never play Roscoe again as they don't have tribute bands on a Saturday. How stupid can ya get? They used to sell out Everytime.

#30 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Cockpit is the best venue to watch a band in Leeds by a country mile.

#31 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Seen complete stone roses at cockpit and it was spot on. Seen em at Joseph's weel aswell and don't recon much to it there
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Was talking to Graham the other week and The Smyths will never play Roscoe again as they don't have tribute bands on a Saturday. How stupid can ya get? They used to sell out Everytime.

Smyths at the Roscoe has to be one of the best gigs i have been to. Haven't seen them at Brundell yet but will be going next time they are on.

#33 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Smyths at the Roscoe has to be one of the best gigs i have been to. Haven't seen them at Brundell yet but will be going next time they are on.

The Total Stone Roses + Oaysis are playing Fri 30th Nov 2012 at The Eigar Studios £6 (Dews rd)...... Gaz.....sorry Macca thought it was Gaz who wrote the Roses msg.....my eyesites going,wheres that cake....... B)

Edited by Blackbeard, 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#34 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

21st September The Smyths are at Brudenell.

#35 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

21st September The Smyths are at Brudenell.

Cheers Daz, long time to wait! :(

#36 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Cheers Daz, long time to wait! :(

I know but I normally get one in before hand like derby or Darlington.

#37 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

The Total Stone Roses + Oaysis are playing Fri 30th Nov 2012 at The Eigar Studios £6 (Dews rd)...... Gaz.....sorry Macca thought it was Gaz who wrote the Roses msg.....my eyesites going,wheres that cake....... B)

Haha them pesky cakes mate. I've seen them aswell and not worth £6. Average at very best

#38 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Haha them pesky cakes mate. I've seen them aswell and not worth £6. Average at very best

I'll let you know when "STEPS" play.......

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'll let you know when "STEPS" play.......

What about s-club 7!!!! Are you still in fan club mate haha

#40 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

What about s-club 7!!!! Are you still in fan club mate haha

I got a key ring and a silk scarf with this years membership,going to see em in March, got my lighter for the slow numbers :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users