RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

callum Phillips

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Confirmed as a town player. Excellent signing and 1 of the key areas we needed sorted covered.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

3 or 4 top amateurs got to be the thing for us up here with our amateur scene , so nice one.

#3 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to Town Callum.... great signing and I hope he takes to the pro game as well as his brother did! :D

Always nice to see the top amatuers signing for Town.....
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#4 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Told you..bet you thought i was winding you up.

Great Signing, 1 more half-back needed?

Well done BOD

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

No Kieran we believed you, but we also know from past experience that names shouldn't be mentioned until it's confirmed by the club.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

dont know much about the lad. any info anybody??

#7 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

First of all excellant signing for Workington Town and full credit to the BOD for the way they have handled this, As a club we were kept upto date on when he was in talks, how they were progressing and were told when he was signing etc

As a player Callum has everything needed to be a huge success, he looks after himself and has the same willingness to do well and attitude and dedication as his brother and thats saying something! He can play 7 or 9 personally think he is a hooker in the Nathan Mossop mould but time will tell. When the CARLA league had a mid season break Callum went to Wath Brow and done really well in a team that was top of the league, whilst Seaton had nothing to play for and most players had drifted off, in spite of that Callum chose to come back and finish our season and played a huge part in rallying the lads to finish the season!

Its been an honour to have him in a Seaton shirt, the News and Star article gives a good idea of his pedigree and he will only get better and we all wish him every success in a Town shirt
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#8 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is he similar to Ali Leak Gillmeister?

#9 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

There different player in my oppinion but both are excellant players

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yea if hes as good as Ali we have bagged ourselves a great prospect. I havent seen Callum play before but from what i have heard he is good...welcome to Town mate!

#11 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

My view of what I seen he loves taken the ball in only one way forward n can tackle all rounder like class act

#12 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Not long ago there werent any amateurs that I would have said were good enough to play pro locally, now theres absolutely loads of them

#13 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Good luck Callum .
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#14 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Your right there gillmeister hopefully there is another 2 more good ones on there way.

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

welcome to Town callum. its great to see us bringing in top amatuers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users