Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Super League Fixtures Thread (Merged)

How it used to be!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Why is it that every year the fixtures are leaked. I've seen posts saying who Salford are playing in the first two games.

We need a good launch try and get some attention

Salford are at home first game according to rumour then away.

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

All the clubs revealed who they are playing in their their first home game of the season at 12 today.

Personally I think it wasn't a bad little idea to generate a bit of excitement and interest ahead of the full release on Monday.
Posted Image

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,324 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Where did this happen?

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

That doesn't explain why the 2nd fixture is also revealed.

The fixtures should be a fanfare.

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

That doesn't explain why the 2nd fixture is also revealed.

Well not every club can be at home in week 1 now can they...?

It was a twitter exclusive.
Posted Image

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hull FC are at Leeds first up then home to the Bulls.

I fancy Leeds v Hull as the first Sky game, the return of Gareth Ellis etc, etc.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Expect for Widnes it seems. Their tweet didn't seem to make it.
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Expect for Widnes it seems. Their tweet didn't seem to make it.

It was on the side of a Stobart truck.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Isn't the point to start to draw attention to the full release.

Word is now getting around that the full release is on Monday, its working as its being talked about on this forum, it was being talked about at work this afternoon.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Word is now getting around that the full release is on Monday,

I'll set off on Sunday then.

#11 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'll set off on Sunday then.

The release is at 6:00am

Do you want to know how long after Sunday that is or what time to set your alarm clock on Monday?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Do you want to know how long after Sunday that is or what time to set your alarm clock on Monday?

Oh sod it, I'll set off on Saturday.

#13 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

so dont buy your copy of rugby league express before 6am as im sure they will have the fixtures inside
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#14 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Don't people have holidays to book, and other things to organize? I've had to bite the bullet and buy Ashes Test Cricket tickets for my Grandkids which fall on a Sunday, because they were running out. I don't know yet whether they will clash with a Fev home game!

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Don't people have holidays to book, and other things to organize? I've had to bite the bullet and buy Ashes Test Cricket tickets for my Grandkids which fall on a Sunday, because they were running out. I don't know yet whether they will clash with a Fev home game!

I'm sure Fev will cope without you for one game mate, it is the Ashes after all!
Posted Image

#16 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Stop moaning, good idea to give a little taster. People are now interested for Monday

#17 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

i have received a leaked copy of the HKR fixtures, so something is wrong somewhere

#18 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Just had a look at the season set up and couldn't help but think, with this being a World Cup year, why can't we take a superleague game to the stadia who don't have a team to whet the appetite in the local community, it could help increase clubs and superleagues profile in new(ish) areas, puts some incentive to the local councils to promote the game to get a healthy crowd, helps club finances that way. Any thoughts?

#19 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

i think the question should be....with it being world cup year....why the hell are they playing so many games??

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#20 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

i think the question should be....with it being world cup year....why the hell are they playing so many games??

Same amount as every year.
The sport can't afford to take a few rest days.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users