RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Super League Fixtures Thread (Merged)

How it used to be!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

of course it can........

put super league clubs into the challenge cup in round 5 instead of 4....thats 1 week saved...

we could have had a shortened play off series for a year....could have saved another week....

that would'nt bankrupt the game mate lol

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

So why have Wigan got some many home games at the business end of the season???

Is this fair???

I appreciate you still play the same amount of games home and away over the season, but does this give Wigan an advantage??

Discuss..............

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I'll start - we've got the Friday SKY game straight after Easter so less rest.

The RFL are corrupt (obviously they are not in case anybody from the RFL wants to put a libel case to me)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

I can't believe we have been given a full fixture list - don't the RFL know we were supposed to be kicked out of the league and should be playing in West Yorkshire regional amateur league under 12s? Incompetence again
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#25 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Is this just whinging for whinging sake or do you have genuine concerns? If its the later what are they based on?

For the record in season;
2012 - Wigan lost 4 at home, and 1 away in the regular season. (counting MM as an away fixture)
2011 - Wigan lost 2 at home and 2 away, although did draw an additional 3 away.
2010 - Wigan lost 4 at home and 1 away.
2009 - Wigan lost 5 at home and 7 away.

So I'm not seeing much home advantage, in this age of modern facilities I don't see it as being an issue.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#26 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Leeds have got to play Wigan in the last round and again a couple of weeks into the playoffs! Outrage!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Also a bit annoyed that Leeds only seem to have 1 home match that's not a Friday or Monday night. I realise that this is Leeds' doing, but it severely restricts the number of matches I can go to. Shouldn't complain though, I was going to cut back on the number of games I go to next year anyway as need to save money for the RLWC and State of Origin

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#28 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

More importantly will the RFL keep the 'partners' separated so that the SL fans can flock to see their reserves in the guise of the local championship club?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#29 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

People say it used to be home, away, home, away - but it never was.

If it had been, you'd never play the teams who were at home when you were at home. <_<

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#30 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Mike Smith has to explain that to the RFL. They don't know who leaked it but they have their suspicions.

#31 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Round 10 Monday 1st April Hull KR (Away) 3.00pm
Round 11 Sunday 7th April Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (Home) 3.00pm
Round 12 Sunday 14th April Bradford Bulls (Away) 3.00pm
Round 13 Friday 26th April Hull FC (Away) 8.00pm
Round 14 Friday 3rd May Salford City Reds (Home) 8.00pm
Round 15 Saturday 18th May London Broncos (Away) Venue TBC 3.00pm
Round 16 (Magic) Sunday 26th May Leeds Rhinos (Etihad Stadium) 7.30pm
Round 17 Sunday 2nd June Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (Away) 3.30pm
Round 18 Friday 7th June Widnes Vikings (Away) 8.00pm
Round 19 Monday 24th June Warrington Wolves (Away) 7.45pm SKY
Round 20 Friday 28th June Castleford Tigers (Home) 8.00pm

Taking out the Manchester game - Wigan season ticket holders will see 3 home games in three months!!!!

I'm not picking on Wigan * I'm surprised how this can happen - One Home Game per month in a 10 rounds.

I appreciate Home and Away isn't every week, As per Griff post - But in the main it is home, away, home away with a few home, home and away,away!!!

* Does any other club have 3 or 4 away games on the trot???

#32 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Round 10 Monday 1st April Hull KR (Away) 3.00pm
Round 11 Sunday 7th April Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (Home) 3.00pm
Round 12 Sunday 14th April Bradford Bulls (Away) 3.00pm
Round 13 Friday 26th April Hull FC (Away) 8.00pm
Round 14 Friday 3rd May Salford City Reds (Home) 8.00pm
Round 15 Saturday 18th May London Broncos (Away) Venue TBC 3.00pm
Round 16 (Magic) Sunday 26th May Leeds Rhinos (Etihad Stadium) 7.30pm
Round 17 Sunday 2nd June Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (Away) 3.30pm
Round 18 Friday 7th June Widnes Vikings (Away) 8.00pm
Round 19 Monday 24th June Warrington Wolves (Away) 7.45pm SKY
Round 20 Friday 28th June Castleford Tigers (Home) 8.00pm

Taking out the Manchester game - Wigan season ticket holders will see 3 home games in three months!!!!

I'm not picking on Wigan * I'm surprised how this can happen - One Home Game per month in a 10 rounds.

I appreciate Home and Away isn't every week, As per Griff post - But in the main it is home, away, home away with a few home, home and away,away!!!

* Does any other club have 3 or 4 away games on the trot???

I'd say part of it to do with ground sharing and if the other club has fixtures at that time, though I wouldn't expect that to run into June

#33 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Between 3rd May and 28th June they will be doing work on the pitch. It's something that happens every year with clubs who share grounds with other codes.
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#34 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Between 3rd May and 28th June they will be doing work on the pitch. It's something that happens every year with clubs who share grounds with other codes.

Try telling that to Leeds Rhinos/Carnegie!

#35 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

So why have Wigan got some many home games at the business end of the season???

Is this fair???

I appreciate you still play the same amount of games home and away over the season, but does this give Wigan an advantage??

Discuss..............

No it doesn't.
Next question?

:lol:

Last new RL ground (77): The Gnoll, Neath - Wales v Cook Islands 10/11/13

#36 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Anyone know when Championship fixtures are out. Not much news about Gloucestershire on their website. I presume they are not offering season tickets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users