Highest attendance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

What has been our biggest ever attendance and what could it be now in the present day?
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I think the biggest ever attendance was approx 22000 against Salford a lot of years ago! There was 6275 in for the Wigan game in 2009, not sure if more are allowed in now.

#3 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Just thinking of ways to try and raise money for the fFoodlight Fund thats all. Thinking we could do a straight knock-out, best 4 amateur teams in Barrow and the surrounding area. £2 entarnce for every one. Cheap food. Cheap beer. Go for some kind of record with the attendance. Could be an easy £15,000. Probably thinking aloud thats all !!!!

#4 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I find it very surprising that very little has been mentioned on here about grants. Fund raising events are very good but are only trifles to what are required.

I have spent a lot of time studying the Sport England website tonight. Very large amounts have been given to all sports but I'm not sure whether it's for both amateur and pro clubs. RL grants have been cut as follows The RFL has agreed to accept a reduction of £956,188 alongside a renegotiated participation goal, having recognised that it will not achieve the growth in regular and sustained participation commissioned through Sport England’s 2009 – 2013 investment because Sport England’s Active People Survey shows that the number of adults playing rugby league at least once a week has declined from 82,000 at the start of this funding period to 44,000 at the latest update. The RFL’s maximum funding award for 2009 – 2013 was £29,408,341. As a result of Sport England’s decision and the reductions to Sport England’s Exchequer funding in the Comprehensive Spending Review, the RFL’s award for the period now stands at £27,563,684

Full details of Clubs and amounts are given on the website and I notice that
Rugby union players will wave goodbye to the sub-standard floodlights at Carlisle Rugby Football Club in Cumbria. A National Lottery Olympic legacy award of £49,950 will allow the club to replace the existing floodlights which have been deemed to no longer be fit for purpose due to age related structural defects.

I'm sure that the BOD will have explored this airing but I thought it was worth putting it on here.

Posted Image

#5 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

I agree Michael. Its a very good read. And I agree fund raising events only bring in a little to what are needed. But every little helps. That was made very clear at the last supporters meeting when the board were behind most things proposed. Unless someone comes up with £100,000 grand out of their back pocket, we need to do everything we can. I don't know if any grants have been applied for. I wish they have. Do we have any time limits on grants going in.

#6 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

The best grant available was the Sport England inspired facility grant that should have been applied for by September the 17th (all info supplied to the BoD during July) the second go at the grant is in january but very little chance then.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users