Widnes link up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Im suprised this has not appered already, Workington Town have announced a formal link up with widnes for next season :( Yet another teams falls for the Super league's keep our fringe player fit con :o I hope we DONT follow suit

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,844 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

This isn't a link-up like most of the others - Town have been very astute and are going to get players and money from Widnes, i.e. Widnes are actually going to be paying Town to give their players game time. Town's directors said all along that any link-up would be on their terms and seemingly they have struck a very good deal.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

I agree it would be a great shame if we did link up, I don't think anyone wants to see an SL 'A' team playing at Craven Park.

#4 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

This isn't a link-up like most of the others - Town have been very astute and are going to get players and money from Widnes, i.e. Widnes are actually going to be paying Town to give their players game time. Town's directors said all along that any link-up would be on their terms and seemingly they have struck a very good deal.

Not sure I understand it,so if Widnes pay Town their players are playing no matter what? How are the Town players going to feel about being dropped for somebody who has to play and how does the coach feel about having to pick players he may not want to?

#5 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm sure Keith Nutter said a few weeks back that Barrow won't be going down the route of pairing up with a S/L club. I think there is only Barrow, Fev and Fax who haven't yet and I hope we don't personally.

#6 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

sounds like RENT A SQUAD will be a popular chant from the terraces i think next season.

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I dont agree with it but I can see the reasoning for any club linking up with a SL club...we will have to wait and see how it pans out either way ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

i'm not 100% happy with the link up idea but you have to atleast try it before you can knock it. theres a difference between picking up some SL reserves to strengthen your squad and having to give half a dozen SL reserves a game every week if your not keen to. lets see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users