Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Quiz Time.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

OK folks, as there isn't much going on at the moment how about a bit of grey matter testing.

My brother has just bought a programme off Ebay of the tour match between the Hull clubs and the Australian touring team. Without going on Google try and name members of the squad touring in 1956.

Limit is two names per post please to give everyone a chance, I am obviously not going to take part because I have the programme and I wouldn't know any of them anyway!

Good luck!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I am no doubt going to be wrong but I think that I remember a big rough forward called Parcell or Purcell.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well done Doug, Bernie Purcell was on the trip.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well done Doug, Bernie Purcell was on the trip.

Pugwash.

Think his son played for Hornets a long time ago. I remember my mate Les Connolly saying his father was a Australia international. How do i remember, er indoors was called Purcell.
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#5 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ken Kearny was captain and Ill guess at Brian Carlson (cos he was captain in 59)?

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Spot on with Ken Kearney being skipper but Brian Carlson wasn't in the squad.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

How about who played for the Hull combined XIII?

Incidentally, it names two subs, I thought subs were first introduced in the early sixties.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#8 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

OK, if it was too early for Carlson I am guessing it wasn't to late for Churchill (Clive not winston) at full back.

Hull XIII - Bill Drake, Colin Hutton?

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

You're on the ball again with Clive Churchill. Drake did play for the Hull XIII at second row but no Hutton.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users