Monday night summer games to be shown again

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Lots of interesting things from this column: Monday night games will continue to be shown on Sky during the summer. They will include the Saints Wigan derby. The Broncos will take two games on the road again, one possibly at Oxford. I personally will be delighted if Wire do get to play in Kent.
http://www.guardian....by-league-wigan
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#2 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

List of fixtures to be televised live on Sky.
http://www.skysports...8,12944,00.html
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#3 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wigan's home game v Saints could be played on Good Friday if the 'tics soccer game v Norwich was moved to Sunday.
Not a soccer game the TV stations would be interested in surely?

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

lots of good things coming out of the RFL about 2013 at the moment.. just a pity SKY haven't updated their commentary team.. another year with the gruesome twosome it seems ..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wigan's home game v Saints could be played on Good Friday if the 'tics soccer game v Norwich was moved to Sunday.
Not a soccer game the TV stations would be interested in surely?

Relegation 6 pointer ?
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#6 SirRadlinski

SirRadlinski
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Not happy about this at all. I renewed my season ticket this and last season on the understanding wigans home games would be in the majority on a friday night, occasionally sunday if the latics get in the way. I work late monday and its a hell of a job for me to get to the games and also arrange childcare. Why do we have to mess about just because SKY have nothing else to show during the summer. It sure isnt my fault yet i suffer. Admittedly everyone knows the fixtures could be moved, but this is pointless imo, purely for SKYs benefit and no help to any rugby league supporter.

#7 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Not happy about this at all. I renewed my season ticket this and last season on the understanding wigans home games would be in the majority on a friday night, occasionally sunday if the latics get in the way. I work late monday and its a hell of a job for me to get to the games and also arrange childcare. Why do we have to mess about just because SKY have nothing else to show during the summer. It sure isnt my fault yet i suffer. Admittedly everyone knows the fixtures could be moved, but this is pointless imo, purely for SKYs benefit and no help to any rugby league supporter.

Probably will help the 200k viewers/fans that will tune into SKY. SKY can move any fixture and have done for years, I don't know what the big shock is personally

#8 SirRadlinski

SirRadlinski
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I was thinking more of supporters who attend games, show their commitment to their team and the sport and then have the goalposts moved after theyve already renewed their ticket, surely it affects them far more than someone watching at home. Im not saying its a shock, but that doesnt make it fair.

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's a disgrace, Sky moving games around at short notice again.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I was thinking more of supporters who attend games, show their commitment to their team and the sport and then have the goalposts moved after theyve already renewed their ticket, surely it affects them far more than someone watching at home. Im not saying its a shock, but that doesnt make it fair.

SL is at Sky's beck and call,it's no big deal,you miss a few games,life goes on.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#11 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

So, all four Challenge Cup quarter finals to be televised. Good stuff.

#12 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Good. I like a bit of MNRL

A Fev Blog

#13 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Wish they would do Monday night as an extra, instead of replacing the Saturday match. Would like Premier sports to try and get into this by showing an extra match on the Saturday of the championship.

#14 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

So, all four Challenge Cup quarter finals to be televised. Good stuff.

Well that was supposed to happen this year, but a pesky championship team got there and Sky decided they couldn't be bothered.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#15 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Good. I like a bit of MNRL

You and a few hundred thousand other people.

And advertisers. And Sky who pay us millions each year.

But this is not good enough because they are not Real Fans.

I'll bet some of those hundreds of thousands have never even heard of 'broken time'.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#16 SirRadlinski

SirRadlinski
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

SL is at Sky's beck and call,it's no big deal,you miss a few games,life goes on.

Its a big deal to me, and I paid upfront for a certain amount of of games, why shouldnt I be able to attend them, will SKY be refunding me a percentage of my season ticket price for those I now cant attend, no, of course not

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,535 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Its a big deal to me, and I paid upfront for a certain amount of of games, why shouldnt I be able to attend them, will SKY be refunding me a percentage of my season ticket price for those I now cant attend, no, of course not

Why don't you just ask Wigan for your money back then? I'm sure they would oblige a loyal fan.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Surely you knew that Sky would be showing Monday night games,as Blind side johnny stated,ask for a refund if your not happy.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#19 SirRadlinski

SirRadlinski
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Surely you knew that Sky would be showing Monday night games,as Blind side johnny stated,ask for a refund if your not happy.

Can i not just put forward my opinion without you having to finalise everything, i can have a moan if i like, its a forum, if i want to complain i will, and i have asked for a refund, on principal rather than for the cash, and i know i wont get it, but surely i can state my opinion on this forum without you taking the tone of "oh stop moaning, you knew it would happen". Yes i did, but that still doesnt make it right. If everyone accepted everything that wasnt right the world would never change

#20 SirRadlinski

SirRadlinski
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Should say ive asked SKY for the refund rather than wigan, as my beef is with them moving the games rather than the club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users