Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

IF

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Nothing like reading a nice uplifting thread on here to pass the time of day...

well don't read it then Gav, simples.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

i've already explained. i just wondered how many of us would carry on watching rugby league if there was no fev. no one is suggesting we are going bust, but a good few supporters (including me) have said they would have no interest in rugby league if we didn't have fev. just trying to gauge peoples feelings on the game in general.

To be honest oldrover i think the last internationals told us which way our sport is heading with the attendances.Im very interested to see the attendances for the up and coming world cup.Also i would of liked all the champ clubs to have stood up to the RFL and the SL clubs with these link ups and told them to stick it and our game may of improved with relegation and promotion again.But their is a lot of lack of ambition in our league that as seen the teams crumble and join the link ups.With these link ups i doubt relegation and promotion will ever be back in our sport as the SL clubs and the RFL have got their own way yet again.The big worry i have is that the link ups make this league very competitive and us and fax have to link up to compete thats the major factor im most worried about.

Edited by thundergaz, 20 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

To be honest oldrover i think the last internationals told us which way our sport is heading with the attendances.Im very interested to see the attendances for the up and coming world cup.Also i would of liked all the champ clubs to have stood up to the RFL and the SL clubs with these link ups and told them to stick it and our game may of improved with relegation and promotion again.But their is a lot of lack of ambition in our league that as seen the teams crumble and join the link ups.With these link ups i doubt relegation and promotion will ever be back in our sport as the SL clubs and the RFL have got their own way yet again.The big worry i have is that the link ups make this league very competitive and us and fax have to link up to compete thats the major factor im most worried about.

yeh, i think it's divide and rule. once they got a couple of clubs into it, the others were frightened of getting left behind. our best chance is to have everything in place so we are in a position to step in if a s/l club fails.everything seems to be done on the hoof so to speak, with no long term strategy. it seems there was never a plan b.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

yeh, i think it's divide and rule. once they got a couple of clubs into it, the others were frightened of getting left behind. our best chance is to have everything in place so we are in a position to step in if a s/l club fails.everything seems to be done on the hoof so to speak, with no long term strategy. it seems there was never a plan b.

Totally agree oldrover but to be honest i would rather us not exist than be a feeder club just to answer the topic question :lol: .

#25 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

well don't read it then Gav, simples.

+1

#26 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

If he doesn't read it, how will he know whether he wants to read it ? :huh:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

he's only got to look at who posted it ;)
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I suppose a thread title like 'If' really should tell me all I need to know about its content.

Silly me.
Posted Image

#29 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I suppose a thread title like 'If' really should tell me all I need to know about its content.

Silly me.

at last, we agree. silly you :D
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Silly me.

It's really a question of were you 'uplifted' or just being sarcastic. Quite a lot of iffing and butting going on. It reminds me of my typist , when I was working, making a spelling mistake. I told her 'If you can't spell a word look it up'. She replied 'How can I look it up when I can't spell it?' So a bit of guesswork involerd I reckon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users