Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Helpdesk on car exhaust

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Our Stu's car exhaust came loose, resulting in a crack. Being under warranty, he took it back to the garage for fixing which they said they would. However, they have just welded the crack and then welded it back on. From having a new exhaust, it is now a "patched" up one. The garage says this is what they normally do. If so, is our Stu in order to ask for a guarantee for a further year? The garage didn't offer a new one, simply saying they would sort it out.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Our Stu's car exhaust came loose, resulting in a crack. Being under warranty, he took it back to the garage for fixing which they said they would. However, they have just welded the crack and then welded it back on. From having a new exhaust, it is now a "patched" up one. The garage says this is what they normally do. If so, is our Stu in order to ask for a guarantee for a further year? The garage didn't offer a new one, simply saying they would sort it out.

I have a welded exhaust on my old banger (the front section which would have cost more than the car is worth to replace). It's lasted two years so far, while the rest of it has fallen off and been replaced with a shiny bit. It's also passed it's MOT with said welded exhaust. However, I'm not sure whether it is legitimate to weld it under guarantee. I would imagine that depends on the guarantee and what they consider to be a 'repair'. Have you got your guarantee? You have a legal right to sight of your guarantee. Has he had the work done with the supplier? If not, that could be tricky. Either way, the Citizens Advice Bureau has a guidance sheet on guarantees that looks very useful. Or there is the Trading Standards website here: http://www.tradingst...goods-sum16.cfm

Edited by Saintslass, 19 November 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#3 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I have a welded exhaust on my old banger (the front section which would have cost more than the car is worth to replace). It's lasted two years so far, while the rest of it has fallen off and been replaced with a shiny bit. It's also passed it's MOT with said welded exhaust. However, I'm not sure whether it is legitimate to weld it under guarantee. I would imagine that depends on the guarantee and what they consider to be a 'repair'. Have you got your guarantee? You have a legal right to sight of your guarantee. Has he had the work done with the supplier? If not, that could be tricky. Either way, the Citizens Advice Bureau has a guidance sheet on guarantees that looks very useful. Or there is the Trading Standards website here: http://www.tradingst...goods-sum16.cfm

The car was second-hand when bought. The RAC guy did say the exhaust had been fitted badly hence the post. The warranty was part of the new exhaust. Thanks for your reply which I will mention to our Stu.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users