RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ground improvements

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

More details here:- http://planning.alle...mageName=224623

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

More details here:- http://planning.alle...mageName=224623

What? The Popularside toilets are getting replaced!!!!
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#23 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

What? The Popularside toilets are getting replaced!!!!

noooooooo! save the popular side urinals!!!!! too much character and tradition to lose there!

#24 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

noooooooo! save the popular side urinals!!!!! too much character and tradition to lose there!

Those urinals should be a listed building!!!!
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#25 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

There absolute honking!! Haha and a nightmare when windy :lol:

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

There absolute honking!! Haha and a nightmare when windy :lol:

yeah but if i'm reading the plans properly when the WC is over and the portaloos replacing the urinals will be gone so where will we pee? looks like a trek to the town end. bear in mind i'm reading the plans with my glasses on lol

#27 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

That's a good find Keith - cheers. It doesn't seem to mention the stadium seat renewal on the plan so there must be more that isn't mentioned on the plans.
I will truly miss having the inside of my nostrils stung by the ammonia from the old urinal!! :lol: I think they need summat closer than the Town end if they are gonna continue with the rough n ready bar post WC as I think I could easily P*ss myself if I have to walk that far!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users