New season expectations

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Thundergaz, I like your optomism, But penky is by far past it, He is the best hooker in the league and is pure class and a game winner, especially against you guys, Fax are not weaker by any means, we have got Murrell, Tonks, Nanyn, Morrison all back in the squad, We hav eyoung ashall and will also have manning back, If anything we will be a bit stronger but unless our style of play is addressed and our attacking is better we will still be grinding out wins instead of putting teams to the sword, The half backs are my worry and i am sorry to say that Handforth needs to stand up and be counted this year, he had some great games last year but few and far between.

Cant freakin wait now.

I agree Penky is a class act but I think you guys have had the best out of him.I just don't see him doing the same for Leigh as he as for you guys. I know you had injury problems last season but unless handforth and thacks step up I think your halfs will cost you like they did last season. By the way I'm not having a go at you guys I just think you guys haven't recruited as well as us batley and Leigh that's all.

#22 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Can't believe fax fans give handforth so much stick,one of best on his day,but suppose may not have been the talisman he was for us,much same as penky we will have to wait and see,I agree don't think fax have strengthened their squad from last season,lost aizue who is a bulldozer and hesketh who is a good prop when fit,he lost fitness in his last season with us,but rhino wanted him,think best player is manning but not sure who else gonna break pots

#23 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Not trying to argue with anyone,but think us fev and Leigh have recruited well,but time will tell what happens,always look forward to fax games though,thank good penky gone ha

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

The joker in the pack is what effect, if any, the new arrangements with SL clubs will have. It is possible that some average sides will be energised by astute selections during the course of the year, whilst others will not be. I expect that many more games will be close run this coming season, with even a greater number of surprise results, the latter being in sadly short-supply over recent seasons.

As I read some aged rock-star being quoted a while ago "The best fun you have with a new sports car is on the day before you get it!". I think the same applies to all RL fans - for many the anticipation of the season to come might almost be more pleasurable than the reality that develops.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users