Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

forming a new club?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

a view from a salford fan taken from RLfans..

That is a wonderful piece of news, Oldham is still a hotbed of RL and we can only really gain from something like this. Does make you wonder on the logic though of forging these relationships but then causing a mass release of youngsters, surely to have kept the system that was in place last season and then selected random youngsters could go to feeder clubs to help them through injuries or to see if the kids are tough enough for fully fledged grown up rugby. Someone like Marriott would surely have been better kept on the books and loaned to Oldham for a season rather than letting him go.

still can't see any benefits for us!!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#42 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

apparently its going to be announced on tuesday that we're going to be "working closely" with salford......

Work closely seems slightly different to be being a feeder club to me. We have worked closely with Leeds Rhinos before but not been a feeder club to them. Thinks it a case of wait and see, but personally, I'd still like to see us go it on our own.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#43 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

"Work closely" is a PR phrase for feeder club.
I'm not so sure how these SL/CL relationships are going to work because I can see a conflict of interests.
One thing is for certain,out of the raffle for SL clubs we missed out on the bottles of champagne and ended up with the tin of roses.
Wonder if we might have been better off with Widnes?

#44 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

the "vikings" have signed up to rape & pillage workington.........

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#45 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ah....should have spotted the geographical link there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users