Rhinos media release

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Rhinos have confirmed that the first game on their new £1 million pitch at Headingley Carnegie will be the annual Heatshot Festive Challenge against Wakefield Trinity Wildcats on Boxing Day, 26th December, kick off 11.30am. Tickets go on sale from Monday 26th November at 9am with adults and concessions able to gain a £3 discount on the matchday admission if they purchase their ticket before 1pm on Christmas Eve.

The pitch, which includes new drainage and undersoil heating, will guarantee the fixture regardless of the winter weather of the
Festive period. The Rhinos have revealed their pre-season plans ahead of the new 2013 Super League season and their defence of the World Club Challenge against Melbourne Storm.

After Boxing Day, the Rhinos will take on local rivals Bradford Bulls on Sunday 20th January, kick off 3pm, in Danny McGuire’s testimonial match.

Finally, the Rhinos will make the short trip to South Leeds Stadium to take on Hunslet Hawks in the Leeds Brewery Lazenby Cup on Sunday 27th January, Kick Off 3.00pm.

For Boxing Day, the seats and standing positions of the season ticket holders from the 2012 season will be held until 12 noon on Saturday 8th December. Unfortunately season ticket holders will be unable to purchase their own seat or gain members discounts online at www.therhinos.co.uk. This will only be able to be done by contacting the Leeds Rhinos Ticket Sales Office in person.

Tickets for McGuire’s testimonial game will also go on sale next Monday. Please note, that for Danny McGuire’s testimonial the Carnegie Stand seating section will not be open and the seat ticket price is the same for the Paddock and Main Stand.

Tickets for both games can be purchased by calling 0871 423 1315 or online at www.therhinos.co.uk/buytickets. Hospitality is also available for both games by calling 0113 2033222.

Commenting on the pre-season programme, Head Coach Brian McDermott said, “We are in a position where we do not have too many new faces in our group so there is no need to play an extensive amount of rugby in pre-season. We are looking forward to playing on the new pitch and know that Jason Booth and his team have done a fantastic job in giving us a world class playing surface for the future. We are expecting a tough challenge from Wakefield, they had a great season last year and I am sure they will want to put a marker down on Boxing Day that they will be even stronger in 2013.

“I am delighted for Danny McGuire that we have a big derby class for his testimonial game, he certainly deserves that. I hope all the fans can turn out to honour a modern legend of the game and a great servant to the club,” added McDermott.

Danny McGuire added, “I would like to say a big thank you to Francis Cummins and the Bradford Bulls management for agreeing to come to Headingley Carnegie for my testimonial game. The Bulls had some tough times last season but they appear to on the way back now, which is great to see. This is our last major pre-season game so I'm sure both teams will be as strong as possible and I hope all the fans can make it down for a Sunday afternoon at Headingley Carnegie. It is a bit of a blast from the past for me playing on a winter’s Sunday afternoon and takes me back to when I first start coming to watch games. It has been an honour to play for Leeds Rhinos and I could never have imagined back then that I would be having my own testimonial game, I am really looking forward to it.

Phil Daly
Media & PR Manager

Edited by Honor James, 20 November 2012 - 09:16 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Trying to get a picture on here of the new pitch looking all lovely, but how do I get it from my desktop to the post?!

Edited by Southstander13, 30 November 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#3 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

If you go into the "more reply options" bit, there is an "attach file" option at the bottom of the reply box.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#4 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Am I dreaming or is this the second time we've had this press release on here?
People called Romans they go the house

#5 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Amber Avenger, dont think ive ever even noticed that box before!

Anyway, for anyone intereted, attached is a picture of the new Leeds pitch, you can see the astroturf that is now in place around the edge of the pitch. When you think of what it normally looks like at this time of year and at the start of the season, its lookng good!

Attached Files

Edited by Southstander13, 30 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Am I dreaming or is this the second time we've had this press release on here?

I posted on the thread so its the same press release, but bumped to the top again!

#7 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

I posted on the thread so its the same press release, but bumped to the top again!

Thanks - not concentraing.

(I'm not sure it was interesting enough to look at once, let alone twice - and now there's me posting twice in the thread. Tch).
People called Romans they go the house

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Now if only they could put a roof on the Western Terrace :ph34r:
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#9 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Not for an awful long time
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sorry, not biting today.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,843 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Really pleased we've had an update on this, one of my top twenty Rhinos stories this month. In fact, I'm actually taking a novel approach to my advent calendar this year, opening the windows one day late in the countdown to 'Rhino's New Pitch Eve on the 25th December'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Really pleased we've had an update on this, one of my top twenty Rhinos stories this month. In fact, I'm actually taking a novel approach to my advent calendar this year, opening the windows one day late in the countdown to 'Rhino's New Pitch Eve on the 25th December'.

Has Wendall been barred?if he has he must be chomping at the bit
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#13 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Nice new pitch for the players to run around on, shame the supporters have to put up with Victorian standards on three-quarters of the ground.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Will it attract the crows though?
Posted Image

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Nice new pitch for the players to run around on, shame the supporters have to put up with Victorian standards on three-quarters of the ground.

Leeds really know how to get info out to the people and not rely on smoke signals
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

just see the other Leeds threads
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thought it was the smaller birds that went for grass seed tbh.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Why stick to advent calendars when you can.....

Posted Image

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#19 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

speaking of which LEEDS will of course be playing the nrl champions next year on the headingley pitch and of course i soon realised you were refering to the fact that melbourne is of course in the state of victoria.
that was what you were refering to i take it :D
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#20 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

speaking of which LEEDS will of course be playing the nrl champions next year on the headingley pitch and of course i soon realised you were refering to the fact that melbourne is of course in the state of victoria.
that was what you were refering to i take it :D

No, just for clarification I was declaring Headingly still a rubbish tip above ground.
Sorry for the confusion this I may have caused by using well known English reference points.
Hope its all clear now.
<_<

By the way have they lowered this new pitch enough so that if your sat in the North stand you don't think your watching the game through a letter box an lose sight of the ball for even the tiniest of chip kicks.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users